What the hell is going on with the market?General

Last Updated:

1. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like all apps that are stock replacements are not in the market, even when there are updates available. I have read of people contacting dev, and they say it is not them, it is Google. What's the deal?

Advertisement
  2. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem, but I went to AppBrain or Android Zoom, found the apps I was looking for (ADW, etc.), followed the link to the developer's website, and found that most of the developers have posted another download site for their software, to use until the market has completed its psychotherapy and is functioning again.

3. ithejdi

ithejdi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, could not find Handcent or Shapewriter. I downloaded Jcase's market fix app. (You have to have root to be able to use it) I ran it and waited for the market to refresh at midnight. Everything is working fine again. Seems like the market can not find some apps for phones with an "eris footprint?" but Jcase's app marks your phone as being a moto droid as far as the Market is concerned.

4. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

Divebomber3 likes this.
  5. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Actually seems like it is phones with Sense.

6. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member

Thank you!! I did a hard reset not knowing I couldn't reinstall.. It's so nice having Handcent back!!