• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What the hell is going on with the market?

I'm having the same problem, but I went to AppBrain or Android Zoom, found the apps I was looking for (ADW, etc.), followed the link to the developer's website, and found that most of the developers have posted another download site for their software, to use until the market has completed its psychotherapy and is functioning again.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, could not find Handcent or Shapewriter. I downloaded Jcase's market fix app. (You have to have root to be able to use it) I ran it and waited for the market to refresh at midnight. Everything is working fine again. Seems like the market can not find some apps for phones with an "eris footprint?" but Jcase's app marks your phone as being a moto droid as far as the Market is concerned.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, could not find Handcent or Shapewriter. I downloaded Jcase's market fix app. (You have to have root to be able to use it) I ran it and waited for the market to refresh at midnight. Everything is working fine again. Seems like the market can not find some apps for phones with an "eris footprint?" but Jcase's app marks your phone as being a moto droid as far as the Market is concerned.

Actually seems like it is phones with Sense.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones