• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What time is it? Game Time *grunt*!

I've tried out a few of the games off of Gameloft's website. So far all of them work flawlessly on the incredible. Also, Dungeon Hunter is badass. If you like Diablo, you'll like this.

You have to buy it on their website. It doesn't matter that you can only select the motorola droid as your phone. It works.

Do you like dungeon hunter or nova better? I'm a Halo fan more so than a diablo fan and wanted to try NOVA but was afraid too given their lame support.

Upvote 0
Im surprised no one mentioned Crusade of Destiny. Awesome RPG. 3D graphics. Very WOW like, with questing and gearing up and different zones. And to all the flamers, I know WOW was not the first RPG with questing and what not, I'm just saying.

I'm curious - is this a single player only game? I'd be 100% sold on this if it ran MMO. lol

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity... For you gamers...

Do games just trounce your battery? My Dinc will standby literally for days -- just like advertised. I can talk a bit, send a few emails and texts, and still go a couple of days. Fire up a game and play an hour or two, though, and the battery is toast. I can kill 40% of the battery playing an intense tower defense game for an hour.

That's how it can go. Games use a lot of CPU cycles as well as keeping the phone awake and the screen on.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity... For you gamers...

Do games just trounce your battery? My Dinc will standby literally for days -- just like advertised. I can talk a bit, send a few emails and texts, and still go a couple of days. Fire up a game and play an hour or two, though, and the battery is toast. I can kill 40% of the battery playing an intense tower defense game for an hour.

Honestly, I haven't had any major battery issues with any of these games or any emulators. Gaming seems to use about the same amount of battery as music streaming. I use a seidio 3500, though, since I am a very heavy media user. The games use less battery than Slingplayer.

Do you like dungeon hunter or nova better? I'm a Halo fan more so than a diablo fan and wanted to try NOVA but was afraid too given their lame support.

N.O.V.A. is sick. It is by far the best FPS I've seen on ANY phone, iPhone included. Very much enjoying it so far, and the controls are very smooth once you get used to them.

I personally prefer dungeon hunter, but I'm an RPG junkie.

Dungeon Hunter is extremely fun...Highly recommended, although I'm not a fan of Gameloft's business practices.

Yeah. I just found out about the no refund policy. Speaking of which, Sandstorm doesn't work on the Incredible. They offered me another game for free to replace it since there are no refunds. Going to try Hero of Sparta.

Gameloft games tested:

1. Sandstorm: DOES NOT WORK ON THE INCREDIBLE
2. Dungeon Hunter: Works great on Incredible. Very good Diablo-like game
3. Asphalt 5: Very good racing game. Force Closes on exit, but gameplay is flawless on Incredible.
4. Let's Play Golf: Works great on Incredible. Simple, cartoony, but pretty fun and addictive.
5. N.O.V.A.: Works great on Incredible. Best FPS I've seen.
6. Hero of Sparta: Another Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance/Diablo type game. Pretty damn fun. Nice and gory too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
theres a great emulator called droidemu, its free, it emulates nes, snes, gbc, gba, gamegear, master system and genesis and its the only emulator that can run all fx games like star fox and dirt trex at FULL SPEED. give it a shot also super mario rpg plays perfect and the sound is also dead on

Wow. Has anyone else tried this out? Does it work with Bluetooth gamepads? I've been using Nesoid, Gameboid, and Snesoid, but I'm not opposed to switching if an all-in-one works just as well.

Upvote 0
Homerun Battle is a great cross-platform multiplayer. Great graphics, super addictive and works perfectly with Inc's accelerometer.
Great way to beat the tar out of i-phone users online.

Your name made me laugh out loud.

Also, the baseball game from Gamevil (Baseball Superstars?) is really good. Reminiscent of a 16 bit baseball game. Plus it's got a little bit of fantasy a la Baseball Simulator 1000 in there too.

Upvote 0
theres a great emulator called droidemu, its free, it emulates nes, snes, gbc, gba, gamegear, master system and genesis and its the only emulator that can run all fx games like star fox and dirt trex at FULL SPEED. give it a shot also super mario rpg plays perfect and the sound is also dead on

DroidEmu force closed on me so oftem I uninstalled. I have no problem playing FX games or MarioRPG with Snesoid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones