1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What time is the event on 3 May?General

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Well I thought that the timing of the event on 3 May was supposed to be doors opening at 6 pm for a 7 pm start. However if you look at A GALAXY Unpacked it states that the event is at 7 pm GMT. Well the UK is now in BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1, so this would make the event start at 8 pm BST. However the picture we saw over the weekend with the date and time on a sky blue background (and a mobile phone covered in a cloth) suggests that it is at 7 pm - indeed versions of this in central Europe quote the time as 2000, i.e. 8 pm, which would therefore suggest 7 pm in the UK.

So can we assume that somebody at Samsung's marketing department has dropped the ball here? Will the event start at 7 pm or 8 pm? :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. wickesy

wickesy Member

The countdown in the Unpacked app is to 8pm BST so I would imagine it is starting at 8pm UK time, 9pm Europe time, 3pm EST etc etc. :)
  3. westbros

It is definitely starting at 7 pm UK time, and that means BST. Raised the issue with Samsung on Facebook, and they have now changed the time on their A GALAXY Unpacked page to show the start time as "7 pm UK". Clearly the app is wrong too and somebody at Samsung has stuffed up by assuming that we in the UK are always on GMT. :eek:
  4. westbros

I have just posted on Samsung Mobile's FB page and asked them to check their app. If they don't get this fixed they will have thousands of people trying to watch the live stream only to find they are an hour too late. This is an elementary schoolboy mistake by Samsung which could leave them rather red-faced after all the hype surrounding the release of this phone. :eek:
  5. wickesy

wickesy Member

Thanks for that. Based on the farce with the website I don't hold out much hope of the live stream holding up to the demand but I would have been really annoyed to miss it by an hour!
  6. westbros

According to the Play Store there is now a version 1.1 of the app. This may just be an update to fix the issue of many people being unable to get the app to work. If anybody has the new version, is it still showing the time of the event as 7 pm GMT?
  7. wickesy

wickesy Member

Still counting down to 8:00 on Thursday using v1.1 here.