What time ...

Last Updated:

1. JSchroeder80

JSchroeder80 Member This Topic's Starter

... will you get in line for the Droid before the Verizon store opens?

Mine opens at 7 but am not sure how early to get in line. I head the release of the storm had crazy lines and anticipate this being even worse.

Advertisement
  2. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

i was in line(in my truck)for about 3 or 4 hours before they opened to sell the storm.i was alone for most of that time...i think this time i will get there about 6:30.

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

I would say no earlier than 5am...Try and talk to the manager and see how many units they have.

4. King James

King James Active Member

do you think running out of units will be a big problem? or should they be fairly well stocked..... although it will be a pretty huge release

5. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member

As an interesting experiment, I was playing with Google Trends to compare searches for iPhone near it's launch and searches for Droid now.

Google Trends: droid, iphone 3G, iphone, droid does

iPhone had many, many more searches near it's launch than Droid has right now, around 3-4 times as many. If Motorola is using iPhone as an index for production numbers, there should be enough phones.

That said, I'm getting there shortly before Verizon opens so I can have my phone all day. :D

6. angusn

angusn Active Member

I'll be in Las Vegas for a conference, so... I just called the local store.. They're opening at 7. I plan on being there at 6:30ish, not expecting a long line. I really hope it comes fully charged, but I doubt it.

7. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Well-Known Member

unfortunetly my Local BB store opens at 10 :eek:!!! but my appt is at 10:30 ...so I plan to be there 10 am anyways ... sicko i know ...!! I want to play with it all day ... hubby is already having a fit ...because he know how i am with a new toy ..all i want to do is play all day with it, tweak it, customize it, download stuff... the works :D.. let the kids and hubby fend for themselves.. forget dinner ... I already got that all set... lol ...

8. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

My VZW opens at 9am, and as far as I know, they won't be opening early. I live in the middle of a state where roughly 70% of the population believes that technology is evil, 20% don't care about anything but hunting and fishing, and 8% have to work.

That said, I have a movie all qued up and ready to go so I can sit in my car and watch a movie until the store opens. Their stock is decent (I called today and asked), so I don't need to be first in line. I'll just watch a movie until someone steps up to the door... then I'll hop out and stand behind them.

9. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

My local Verizon kiosk in the mall is opening at 8 a.m. on Friday. The doors to the mall open at 7 a.m. for the mall walkers. My rep is coming in on his day off and has given me an 8 a.m. appointment so I'm pretty well set.

10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Mine is opening at 7AM, I'll be there at 6:30.

I believe my wife will be filing my commitment papers later that day, based on the look she gave me when I told her that. ;)

11. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Then... can I just wait until friday afternoon and then get your phone for free after she has dropped you off?

It would almost be worth a 2 day wait to get it for free. Almost.

12. Nimijneb

Nimijneb Active Member

10AM at Best Buy. Im willing to wait a few hours and not have to worry about that stupid rebate.

13. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

My store opens at 7 so I'll be there at 6:30 with coffee.

They are tight lipped about how many units they are getting.

They keep saying they would like to ship it to me and I always say thanks, but I want to pick it up.

I've done this at midnight for freaking video game releases so you can bet I'll do it for my first new phone in over 3 years.

14. diddiyo

diddiyo Well-Known Member

i talked to a rep at my local verizon store at a mall here in nj. she wrote down my name/number and is gonna give ma a call a day before the release if i still wanna have one and then hold it for me to pick up.

15. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

2pm

:)

My retail friend is holding a unit for me so I can come in after class since he gets in at 10am (and I promised I'd buy it from him) and I start class at 10am.

16. Nimijneb

Nimijneb Active Member

Screw class! Go get your Droid and play with it all day!

17. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

I would, but I have a new project starting that I need the info for. Plus another project is due, and so forth. It's also a 3hr class to start out with...lol.

I'm in film production (hobby degree) so every week we do something new. The project that's due is a PSA I had to film.

It's all good. I'll pick it up on the way home.

18. Nimijneb

Nimijneb Active Member

You have more patience then me.

My boss has already asked if Im really going to get anything done Friday.

I told her its unlikely that Ill get much done at all.

19. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

I pre ordered at best buy and called and asked when my appt was. He said they would call me when the phones arrive. Then he said he would put mine on top. They open at 10. All that said i will be at Verizon at 5:45 sitting in my truck just in case. If something crazy happens i have the Best Buy ready at 10 :D I am paranoid lol.

20. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

lol... :D

21. zachd

zachd Well-Known Member

My store is opening at 7am, and as of the other day said the only have 20 units. So I will probably show up around 5am and make sure I am first in line. I did not pre-order at BB, so I need to make sure I guarantee myself one at the VZW store.

22. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member

VZWOffers just confirmed there should be enough phones:

We definitely plan on having plenty of stock on Friday :) Appreciate all the enthusiasm you guys, we're excited too.
    - Verizon Wireless USA (VZWOffers) on Twitter

23. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

24. JSchroeder80

JSchroeder80 Member This Topic's Starter

That's great news ... will probably still aim to be at the store at 5:30 a.m. (opens at 7 a.m.) ... need to get in and out before work!

25. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

I will be at Best Buy at 10:00 when they open.