What Tmobile Plan You are On?General

1. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

Just curious which data plan everybody is on with Tmobile. I had the G1 Unlimited Data Plan for $25 and now switch to the $39 unlimited voice+data and $20 5GB data plan. I kicked myself switching away from the G1 plan as it doesn't have any soft cap. errrr....

Advertisement
  2. Jimbo droid

Jimbo droid Well-Known Member

Your best deal is the 60 dollar prepaid
  3. LunchBB

Looks like what I have was the "Preferred Android Web" unlimited data plan for $20. It might or might not have a 5GB throttled. Some people has it and some don't. This plan is only available to customers staying with Tmo at least 2 year. Regular CS rep won't have access to it. Only the Retention department be able to put you on.
  4. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

If you don't talk alot your best plan is the new $30 prepaid plan. Unlimited text. 5gigs 4g (2g after 5 gigs) and 100 talk minutes (10c/min after 100).

Only available online or from Walmart.
  5. lamlux

lamlux Member

I just sold my Triumph I used on Virgin for a few months for $25 dollars.

I'm one of those people who have made the jump to the $30 dollar Unlim 4G (5gb soft cap), 100 minutes, unlim. text plan.

I bought the phone outright, $549 dollars.
    Sold the triumph for $269, evens out to the cost of just another phone.

I do miss the Miui.
  6. SoonerDave

SoonerDave Member

I'd offer that the value plan beats all of them. I've got five lines, unlimited text, 1K minutes, two smartphone data plans @ 2GB soft cap for $95/mo before corp discount of 15%. When you do the math and find out how much more you're paying for the "subsidized" phone, it'll take your breath away. Did for me, at least - the change dropped my monthly cost by right at $50, and over two years I'll have saved $1200. That'll pay for my new phone PLUS the ETF I had on another line. If you add in the "subsidized" cost (what I would have paid on the regular plan), throw in another ~$225-$250 or so ( depending on phone), and the total comes up to just over $1400 saved.

Won't promise it works out for everyone that way, but it was a no-brainer for us once I sat down, crunched the numbers, and did the comparison. You just have to learn to get over the "sticker shock" of buying a "non-subsidized" phone.
  7. LunchBB

How does the soft 2GB cap work out for you?
  8. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

There are times when the classic plans still make sense, though. For example, when there's a promotion bringing down high-end smartphone prices to free/$0.01 and you want to get one for the whole family. :)

The $95 value plan would cost $150 on an equivalent classic plan - $55 more per month or $1,320 over the course of the contract. That gives you an average device allowance of $264 + activation/upgrade fee. If your total out of pocket device costs is less than or equal to $1,320 + activation/upgrade fees, better to go with the value plan. If it's more than that, then you can save with the classic plan (at least for the 2-year life of the contract).