What to choose....

Last Updated:

1. mummi

mummi Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I am a long time reader first time poster :p

I have been wanting an android phone since I saw the first android video back in 2008 (if I remember correctly) but I have never had the cash nor found a good enough reason (for my GF) to buy one. But now my nokia symbian crap is inches away from death I think it's time to get my hands on a Android device.

I am not ready to buy the high end ones (nexus one, Desire etc..) they are bit to expensive for my taste and I have been waiting for the affordable phones and there are a few that interest me.

the Samsung I5700 Galaxy the vodafone 845 and the LG GT540 Optimus

Both the Galaxy and 845 run 2.1 but the optimus has 1.6 witch sucks but I was told that 2.1 will come out in Agust, I think that the 845 is out since the screen is quite small and I was told that browsing on it was quite useless. At the moment I am most interested in the Galaxy. Are there other phones at his price range that I am forgetting?

Advertisement
  2. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

The htc wildfire is the little brother to the Desire and looks to be a cracking phone in its own right; why not try that?

3. mummi

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I suggest going as powerful as you can afford, especially if you prefer the newer Android OS's. That is, unless you plan on upgrading yet again in the near future.

Any other needs/wants other than "not high end"?

5. mummi

Well I can see your point. but still I am now torn between the Wildfire and the Spica. Despite the low resolution on the wildfire from the reviews I have seen It seems as a pretty descent budged android device. my needs and wants are just low price :p I don't have that much money to spend on a phone and I am in Iceland where stuff like phones etc.. are really expensive these day's :p

6. GoldenBulletXD

GoldenBulletXD Banned

The Lg optimus Gt540 is a very good phone