What to delete..?Tips

Last Updated:

1. miseryguts

miseryguts Well-Known Member

So i have recently had to factory restore my Nexus 7, thing is I now have significantly less internal storage.
    I've deleted the obvious things (I think).. game date etc, how do I go about finding all the unnecessary files/folders I no longer need..? I'm a bit nervous about deleting anything else as I don't really understanding what most of the files & folders refer to.

2. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

You should have all your storage freed after a factory restore. I recommend diskusage for looking through your files and folders by size.
  3. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

Not true. I do wipe data/factory reset all the time to flash custom ROMs and all the data is not wiped, only the /data. Things like my music, pictures, videos all stay put in their own directories.

You should probably use adb/fastboot to reflash the factoriy image after reformatting the sdcard. Or you could just relock the device and do another OEM unlock, which does it, I believe.

Used to be a link somewhere for unrooting, relocking and going back to stock. I'll look around.