What to do first out of box?Tips

Last Updated:

1. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. Really excited today b/c I'll should be receiving my SF in the mail. I was hoping you can help me. What are some of the things I should do first when turning on the phone? Such as installing programs, GPS fix, lag fix, tweaks, etc. I'm also coming from an iPhone 3G if that helps. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Step 1: Get confetti.
    Step 2: Dance!

I think the first thing I did was go to the Market and update any apps that are already on the phone. After that it was hours and hours of "Ooo, look how kewl!" If I were to get another one now, my next step would be installing LauncherPro and hiding the useless icons. Maybe others would recommend just rooting and actually getting rid of them - I haven't jumped off that cliff yet. Other than that..have fun! It's really a phone worth loving.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah I've had my SF for what 13 days now and its taken me until now to get it how I want it, almost. Like most I was dazzled by the live wallpaper, TW seemed ok. Slowly day by I day started tinkering. Now rooted, with lag fix, unbloated and bing-less with LauncherPro, and static back ground Im loving it.
    Having said that take just a little while to just enjoy the SF. Like everyone you will probably end up in the Market on the first day and if like me you will add several dozen apps Day 1.
    Don't be intimidated by rooting. I did it manually which was not overly difficult but now there's actually an app that roots you and applying the lag fix with just a click. Also definitely give LauncherPro a look, you will want to get HomeSwitcher also to switch back and forth between TW and LP. When it comes to removing the bloat check out Titanium back-up.

4. SF49ers

SF49ers Active Member

Welcome to the forums buddy,

Here are a few links to get you squared away:

First, update to the latest software by going to settings => about phone => system updates => check new
    Rooting
    Lag Fix

As for GPS, I don't think there's a fix for it yet... but hopefully soon?

Apps I like:
    BattStatt - tells battery %
    Barcode Scanner
    Google maps

No task killer (but it's entirely up to the user)

Thats it for now if you have any questions, keep asking.