• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to do first, straight out of the box

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys. Only dowloaded a couple of apps so far, as i have spent my time leaning the basics. Its very different:

• No in and out boxes for texts
  • All contacts from phonebook, facebook, gmail all in one place. Not a fan of this really. When i click the phone button, have about 300 contacts. Like anyone else, you find people from years ago an face book, it does not mean you want them in your phone contacts
  • Dont have to close apps
I guess I will get used to it and go on to enjoy the recommended apps. I did download the sky+ app and barcode scanner, they are ace:)

Cheers guys

Upvote 0
If you set up an account on appbrain you can browse all the apps on your pc. Its also good to have a separate record of all your apps in case you ever need to reset your phone.

You can also get the appbrain fast web installer. That will automatically send the apps you choose on your pc to your phone and download them.

Finally got app brain. It is fantastic. The marketplace should be like this as standard!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones