What to do now?

Last Updated:

1. rnot

rnot New Member This Topic's Starter

First time trying to root and I don't know where I'm at. I followed these steps (http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...is-app-apk-no-pcs-no-scripts-needed-easy.html) and use kaosfroyo v38 instead. I booted to recovery and flashed from sdcard and selected the kaos zip. Then I rebooted and now my phone is hanging on the kaos android load screen. It shows the green android then goes to the android text for kaos and just hangs. I've read before that sometimes the first boot up can take 10 minutes or so, but it went on for 25 minutes. At the point I pulled the battery and tried it again, same results. Where do I go from here?

Advertisement
  2. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

I'm not a guru on this, but had similar problems (with KaosFroyo 37). You must do both a complete wipe and a Dalvik wipe, as I recall. Of course make sure that you have your Nandroid backup of your rooted (but stock) state, if it's not too late.

3. rnot

Yeah not totally sure if I have a backup. I think step 3 might have been missed ...

4. rnot

Jae you were correct. I did a wipe and Dalvik wipe, then re-flashed from sd and now it's working. Thanks a lot

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Note that there is an issue with Kaos Froyo V38 that may cause rapid battery drain. The answer is to download Conap's CFS V6 kernel, copy it to the SD card, restart in Recovery, flash the kernel file, wipe Dalvik cache and restart.

See the first entry in the Kaos FAQ for the location of the kernal file: https://github.com/punk-kaos/KaosFroyo/wiki/kaosfroyo-faq

6. rnot

Okay thanks doogald, I'll keep that in mind. What's the fix for market apps not always installing?

7. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Market apps not installing? That's one of my pet peeves with Froyo - the market is definitely flakey. Sometimes you can cancel the download and reinstall; sometimes you find that the app installed, even though the market says it is still installing. If this keeps happening, you can always do, from home:

settings->applications->manage applications
    tap on the all tab at the top; wait for the list to refresh
    find "market" and tap it
    tap "clear cache" and "clear data"
    go back into the market, accept the terms, and try again