What to do while waiting for NEW Eris?

Last Updated:

1. bluebleeder

bluebleeder New Member This Topic's Starter

Yahoo...I have just ordered my new Droid Eris!!! I am so super excited, but now I have to wait for it to be delivered on Wednesday.

I have already resized and have some backgrounds ready. What else can I be doing to have ready for my new phone.

Thanks, Jason

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

This is what I did before I got my Android phone.

1. I imported all my Outlook contacts with Google's Gmail contacts so that they would automatically sync when I activated my Gmail account on the phone. Also, I didn't know it at the time, but for better matching of your Facebook friends with your contacts, make sure that your Google Gmail contacts firstname/lastname match with your Facebook friends firstname/lastname.

2. I use Outlook Calendar, so I downloaded Google's Calendar Sync app and synced by Outlook Calendar with Google calendar so that when I activated my Gmail account on the phone, the calendar events automatically synced with the phone. I still have Google's calendar sync running since I have Quicken syncing calendar events with Outlook so that those events will sync with my Google calendar and automatically down to the phone.

bluebleeder likes this.
  3. bluebleeder

bluebleeder New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I did sign up for a Gmail account and didn't think about getting the stuff you talked about synced. Going to do it now.

I WANT MY PHONE NOW!!!

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Google and read A LOT!!! Once I decided on an Eris, and hit my order date, I read nearly every page I could find on Google getting ready for the Eris and Android.

Granted, I am the type who learns best hands-on, but at least I felt I had a head start by "reading ahead"