• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to do with my New Every two

tluv00

Android Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2010
On the edge
I have had my NE2 with Verizon since Sept. and I cannot make up my mind as things keep changing in regards to the Pros and Cons of different devices. I originally wanted the Droid (I like physical keyboards) but lately the N1 has my attention......that was until:

1) Screen issues
2) No Calendar Sync with Outlook (I am a business user as well)
3) Reported 3G issues with T-Mobile (could be carrier isolated)

I know the N1 has better hardware (screen not included) than the Droid but other than processor and Android 2.1 (Droid should get that soon enough) why do I want to wait for the N1? The screen enough scares me but I also don't want to be stuck with a phone that will go from speedy (Droid) to slow if I have too many apps running or because it only has 256 mb of RAM.

I am just an indecisive lug who likes the newest devices but being that I will be using this for work too....I need something that is going to help me in that capacity. Right now work is on Lotus Notes 6.5 (but changing to Outlook in 30-60 days). I don't plan on playing any games (3D at least as I like brain games) so that's not an issue.

Any help or suggestions or info would be great. Thanks!

I have had my NE2 with Verizon since Sept. and I cannot make up my mind as things keep changing in regards to the Pros and Cons of different devices. I originally wanted the Droid (I like physical keyboards) but lately the N1 has my attention......that was until:

1) Screen issues
2) No Calendar Sync with Outlook (I am a business user as well)
3) Reported 3G issues with T-Mobile (could be carrier isolated)

I know the N1 has better hardware (screen not included) than the Droid but other than processor and Android 2.1 (Droid should get that soon enough) why do I want to wait for the N1? The screen enough scares me but I also don't want to be stuck with a phone that will go from speedy (Droid) to slow if I have too many apps running or because it only has 256 mb of RAM.

I am just an indecisive lug who likes the newest devices but being that I will be using this for work too....I need something that is going to help me in that capacity. Right now work is on Lotus Notes 6.5 (but changing to Outlook in 30-60 days). I don't plan on playing any games (3D at least as I like brain games) so that's not an issue.

Any help or suggestions or info would be great. Thanks!

I can honestly say that the Motorola Droid will be competitive and affordable device for the foreseeable future. I think this device will be the best Android device with a physical kb for a long time. If you want, buy a Droid on a 1 year contract rather than a 2 year one.

Upvote 0
I have had my Droid since November 6th, and every day is like the first day I ever had it. The app market and customization keep it fresh constantly. I don't think you would be disappointed with a Droid. I can't see any phone anywhere on the horizon for which I would trade my Droid, just as the Dare before it was virtually unbeatable at the time as a great device.

The 1-year contract will cost more up front, but it won't lock you in as long if you're disappointed: which I highly doubt. I am in a 2-year contract and am happy with the Droid for 2, 3 years... maybe even more! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones