what to do with my prevailGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-15 17:25:17
  1. powerkane

powerkane Well-Known Member

so this thread has been in the back of my mind for a long time now... i bought the Samsung transform ultra a while back and i put my prevail into a safe spot so it wont get ruined as a back up phone encase anything were to happen to my transform ultra so im not going to sell it... well lets get to the point i feel like my prevail is just waiting away so any ideas what i can do with it i want to use it still is there anyway i can make it into like a nerds phone lol where i just pull up stuff on it i guess like dictionary n Theseus and calculators and stuff any ideas of what apps to put on it i got a custom rom on it and rooted so there really is no limit almost turn it into a palm pilot or a pda so im not always using my transform ultra killing the battery please give ideas :p

Advertisement
  2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

You can always put google voice and groove ip on it and use it to make calls at home if you have Wi-Fi. :D
  3. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

......or use it as an MP3-Player......... Or play games on it....
  4. wetbiker7

I've got a spare Prevail too and you've got me thinking. I do believe I'm going to turn mine into an MP3 player for my car. I've been using my Marquee but it's time to make use of my Prevail. :D
  5. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Make sure you update your PlayerPro as well, wetbiker.... lots of new features lately.... seems like it has a new website too.... maybe new owners..... At least 3 updates in the past 4 weeks or so..... ;) Ohhh and update your skins as well, they recommended doing so....
    wetbiker7 likes this.
  6. powerkane

just using the phone as a mp3 is like an insult to it lol i wanna make use of it not just throw it in a cup holder and use it as a mp3 player lol i kinda had ideas on like incorporating it into like a wristband computer or something lol
  7. wetbiker7

Like it said earlier, use it as a phone. lol All you need is wif-fi.
  8. powerkane

why would i use it as a phone if i already have a phone lol
  9. wetbiker7

Well that depends if you're on unlimited or not. I take it you are. So am I. lmao :D

Also, you can have a phone at both ends of the house. Beats the heck out of carrying yours everywhere you go. :p

I'm in the same spot you're in right now. I use an LG Marquee as my main phone and have a spare Prevail. I'm in the process of installing CTMod on it right now.
  10. powerkane

LOL i already have ct mod on it its nice lol and the look of it wanted me to make a neardy phone for stuff like idk wifi hacking or other stuff just were i pull out my phone and can do what ever i want with it lol
  11. wetbiker7

I messed around with CTMod for a bit but ended up with CM7 on it for now. I'm gonna add one of the CM7 themes to it.
  12. powerkane

lol i just went down the list and was like ummmmm this one recently updated lets go with this XD on the CTmod
  13. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I was on the latest CT mod before I killed my prevail that was running CM7.I can say I loved CT mod a lot.... To bad my love is gone *weeps* :(
  14. redneckrebel

redneckrebel Well-Known Member

I use mine as a wifi receiver for one of my desktop PC's.