what to do with new phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Afgroyalty

Afgroyalty Member This Topic's Starter

i ordered my droid eris through walmart for free and before it gets here (hopefully wednesday :D) i want to know what to do when i first turn it on. Now what i mean by this is that back in the day when you first got your phone all you did was charge in right when u turn it on, is that still the case (just got done with an old 2 year contract) and if i do charge it right after i activate it how long should i do it. Thnx :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement
  2. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

Charging your new phone is always recomended, as they are tested before shipping. Often, phones are pulled out of the box for customers to tinker with (especially at a T-Mobile kiosk). As for how long, the battery icon in the top right corner will indicate when its done (if the phone is turned on). There is also a battery menu in settings that displays the exact percentage of charge. While its charging, feel free to browse the app store!

3. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

Charge battery then hit the Market :cool:

4. fungalMonk

fungalMonk Well-Known Member

I'd actually advise poking around the local settings while you charge. The possibilities are nearly overwhelming even before you hit the Android Market. Then you can really get mindboggled.

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Read the stuck threads in this forum

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

7. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

afgroyalty...under no circumstance do you ask any questions about the 2.1 update...their is no update, their never was a update or will their ever be a update..just walk away...trust me on this one...:D

8. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Hey whats that code you can enter on the phone to get 2.1 again? HAHA KIDDING!!! :D:D:D:D

Any way to the original poster: Take your time with learning this phone. It has A LOT of features and may take a while to get a grasp on everything. It's pretty easy to get overwhelmed. If you have any issues, JUST ASK!:)

9. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Wish there was more to say other than takes awhile to get used to the phone, but it's true. Add/removing the stock widgets alone is tough. I used to have iPhone, so evening moving icons around was a lot. lol

With Eris though, the first thing I did was convert a bunch of music videos from YouTube to mobile version and upload them through USB to the phone first thing. :) I waited really almost 1.5 years before I got a good collection on iPhone.