What to do with phone after being in the washing machineSupport

Last Updated:

1. needhelp1234

needhelp1234 New Member

I don't know if it's the right place to post, but anyways here it goes:

Somehow my phone went in the washing machine alive, at first I didn't notice as it was my mum who put the phone in the washing machine and didn't tell me, and the only error (which actually was a big one) was that the lock button took screenshots intead of locking. But now's the problem: after leaving the phone for charging in a couple of hours, I came back and saw this,

Factory mode
    product name: GT-S5830i
    Custom Bin Down:NO(0 counts)
    Current bin: Samsung official

Downloading...
    Do not turn off target!!

And it's not dowloading becuase I didn't have the wifi, 3g, 4g whatever on. Aditionally I haven't dried up the water under the battery yet, because it stands that I can't turn it off. So what to do? Can the phone be saved? Lots of help needed, needhelp1234.

Advertisement
  2. needhelp1234

needhelp1234 New Member

went through*
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

If a phone gets wet the first thing to do is remove the battery. Immediately. Never try turning or leaving it on, absolutely don't charge it. Power + moisture = damage.

The best bet for drying it is to put it in a bag of uncooked rice for a couple of days to draw moisture out. Don't use heat to dry it - will speed corrosion.

Now I don't know this phone, so don't know what that message means. My instinct is to pull the battery anyway, but there's a risk it's in a state where that would be dangerous. On the other hand, leaving it on is dangerous, and it doesn't sound like it's going to complete what it's trying to do. Question of how long you want to wait for someone who knows the phone.
    needhelp1234 likes this.
  4. needhelp1234

needhelp1234 New Member

Phone already in a bag of rice; I read something similar in another thread, but it was on with the error screen :S I'll turn it of atm though. Thanks for feedback!
  5. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

If your not flashing anything in the phone then that download mode is of no use, you can shut down the phone. it probably got started in download mode by accident. Leave it with the rice for a couple of days and see if it works after that.