What to do...

Last Updated:

1. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Should I get a replacement Evo?

I have a version 2.
    NO light leakage.
    NO random reboots/crashes
    I DO have the "Grounding" issue when sitting on a couch. (Not a huge prob. bc my phone is in my hand 95% of the time I am using it)
    Battery life is excellent, 14 hours+

and now the kicker..

Glass separation.
    It is not separated, but I can notice the bezel is deeper at the top of the phone than near the bottom. At the bottom the glass is almost flush.

My only worry is that over the next year (the time until my Prem. contract is up) the separation will get worse, and then I will be out of the 30 day window.

Do you think HTC will "Recall" the defective phones? They have acknowledged that there is a problem. But they only said they worked on a fix at the factory. Nothing about a recall.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

If you have insurance you should still be able to get a replacement...and the manufacturer warranty is 1yr so u should be straight.

3. Biggest Fro

I have the $4 ERP insurance. Which doesn't cover manufactures defects or normal "Wear and Tear."

But you're right about the 1year manufacturers warranty.

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

You asked what to do. Here is my answer. Just enjoy the phone, it is an amazing phone, stop LOOKING for reasons to have a concern.

As previous poster said, you still have one year warranty. And who the hell even knows what will happen in the future. An Asteroid could hit in 6 months and I will guarantee you will feel really silly for having worried what might become of your phone. :p

5. Biggest Fro

Good point. I suppose I'll just be happy I don't have light leakage and other issues!

The world ends in 2012 anyways. But that's getting off topic. :D:p

6. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

Like it was supposed to end in 2000? lol... People are so gullible. 2012 will pass just like any year... unless a Evo2 comes out... lol