• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rnj79

Jul 25, 2010
TX, USA
I am almost to my 30 day mark and want to return my captivate. The wifi isn't steady. The battery has gotten a little better but still drains easily. The phone is very hot to the touch as I sit here typing this post. The buttons are also choppy. GPS works when it wants to and I cannot senf mms but can recieve mms.

I want to get a completely different model but don't know which one yet. With the problems I am having on this device, can I exchange it for another brand, model, etc withoutsales penalty since I am still in my 30 day period? What do I tell the sales reps?

I am rooted and removed all bloatware so I should load Odin before I take it back, right?

I am almost to my 30 day mark and want to return my captivate. The wifi isn't steady. The battery has gotten a little better but still drains easily. The phone is very hot to the touch as I sit here typing this post. The buttons are also choppy. GPS works when it wants to and I cannot senf mms but can recieve mms.

I want to get a completely different model but don't know which one yet. With the problems I am having on this device, can I exchange it for another brand, model, etc withoutsales penalty since I am still in my 30 day period? What do I tell the sales reps?

I am rooted and removed all bloatware so I should load Odin before I take it back, right?
Tell them what you told us. I'm not having any of the problems you described other than the GPS taking a minute or so to lock on. But I did exchange my launch-day Captivate for another one a week ago. My first one had a home button sticking problem. They had no problem exchanging it. They even asked if I wanted a different phone. I said no - but it didn't seem like a problem.

Reactions: rnj79
Upvote 0
exchange it :). I was a noob and i didn't back up my at&t bloatware (odin didn't work either) so when I was about to return it I panicked thinking that Best Buy wouldn't take my phone back...they did :), they didn't check btw haha. I exchanged it for an iphone...it comes in this friday!! until then i have to use my motorola razr haha, great phone (sarcasm)

Reactions: rnj79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones