• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What to do...

I was attempting to freeze bloatware apps using titanium backup. Unfortunately, I either misclicked or just wasn't paying attention and I accidentally froze my ADW launcher. Now my phone has no home screen that I can access and I may have made the problem worse by trying to reboot and it freezes at the att rethink possible screen. Any ideas how I can rectify this situation? Thanks in advance. FYI rooted/adeo...maybe I shouldn't be messing with this stuff without a better understanding of the system..

Edit:A call came through and got rid of the loading screen. It now seems like I am just missing access to a launcher. Its just a blank screen with the task bar (cannot pull this down) but calls can come in, I can receive texts but can't reply. Any way to defrost my ADW launcher using adb? I can access adb with root permissions but I'm still a noob with this stuff.

I was attempting to freeze bloatware apps using titanium backup. Unfortunately, I either misclicked or just wasn't paying attention and I accidentally froze my ADW launcher. Now my phone has no home screen that I can access and I may have made the problem worse by trying to reboot and it freezes at the att rethink possible screen. Any ideas how I can rectify this situation? Thanks in advance. FYI rooted/adeo...maybe I shouldn't be messing with this stuff without a better understanding of the system..

Edit:A call came through and got rid of the loading screen. It now seems like I am just missing access to a launcher. Its just a blank screen with the task bar (cannot pull this down) but calls can come in, I can receive texts but can't reply. Any way to defrost my ADW launcher using adb? I can access adb with root permissions but I'm still a noob with this stuff.

Just curious, which apps were you trying to get rid of?

Upvote 0
Just curious, which apps were you trying to get rid of?

There was a post on xda about safe items to freeze...ill have to track it down again but I was pretty much attempting to freeze all of these apps before I messed up. Ill post the link once Ifind it again.

Edit: not sure about the forum rules for linking to other forums...so the post about what is safe to freeze is located in the xda atrix dev forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones