What to expect with 2.1

Last Updated:

1. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I'm sure there is post or website out there somewhere, but can anyone point me in the direction (or just reply to this post) with what all will change with the official 2.1 update from Sprint?

I'm asking what this is going to fix because I'm considering switching back to Blackberry - especially after playing around with my fiance's new Curve 8530.

That everyone! :)

Advertisement
  2. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I think that if you prefer the Blackberry to 1.5 there isn't going to be a big enough difference in 2.1 to keep you on Android. I personally love the Android and can barely tolerate the Blackberry, so Blackberry would have to change a lot before I moved over...

However, your question would be answered better if you let us know what you see as the things you don't like about your current Hero.

3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Going from Android to Blackberry is like going from a 2010 Ford F150 to a Model-T.

alanzer likes this.
  4. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member

I disagree with Little Darwin and scottmbolt.... JasonK75's question would be best answered by pointing him to "a post or website ... with what all will change with the official 2.1 update from Sprint?"

Can anyone help Jason with the REQUESTED info?

5. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member

well iam running the 2.1 leaked, and man i can tell you , you tube works, no lagg, smoth as a baby skin, lolz, its just perfect man!!!

6. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

What to expect with 2.1

The same i was expecting last month and the month before that sod all.

7. JasonK75

Yeah, I love having a touchscreen, but there are items I like about the Blackberry too. I guess I just get frustrated when answering and making phone calls can fail.

But yes, can someone point me to a website or a post that tells me what is all coming or changing with 2.1? I hear so many people mad that it isn't here (and I can fully understand - I don't know what it does and yet I want it!) but so far no one can answer me what it is all about? ;)

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Right now, the only thing we now FOR SURE is that we'll be able to use the latest apps and that the OS should run smoother (CDMA native). What the final release has in it may or may not be what was developed. Livewallpapers, etc... who knows.

Not that that was a link or all inclusive, but better than nothing.

9. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

The Hero running 2.1, to me, is a completely different phone and the 1.5 OS. It's fast, has a million options, bluetooth works very well, no lags, the Market is yours to do what you please with... I would seriously wait for 2.1 before going to BB.

Actually, I would just go and root the thing and put DamageControl 2.1 on it. It's Sprint's 2.1 ROM tweaked, and it's excellent. You can always use the Sprint recovery .exe to put it back to stock 1.5 if you want the 'official' Sprint load later.

10. rmhale

rmhale New Member

That it might be released someday:eek:

11. JasonK75

Thanks everyone. I'll wait for 2.1 and I'm sure I'll fall in love with the phone all over again. I think I just miss the feel that Blackberry has when it is in your hands!

12. Jarodd

Jarodd Member

Switching to blackberry, seriously! Or did you say palm. Either way, Android is dominating. If you dont like this phone get the Evo.

13. JasonK75

You'll be glad to hear that I didn't switch back to Blackberry, I rooted the phone and flashed Fresh 2.0d and I'm loving it!

14. russhour

russhour Member

15. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

There is an element of the Blackberry that I do like, and that is that I can enter text more quickly with the physical keyboard than I can with the touch screen. But I am hoping that when I check out Swype it will help me there.

I actually carry both... my personal Hero and the work Blackberry. Both with unlimited data, and I am never tempted to use the BB for internet activities. Although mine is an older model (8830) and has a battery life that far exceeds the Hero... but that could be because I don't use it. ;)

16. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member

Did you manual root or autoroot? Point me in the direction for this. I can't wait for the official release. I am like a kid in the candy store just waiting to get my hands on it.

17. JasonK75

I manual rooted the phone, and it really wasn't to difficult. The biggest problem I had was the HTC Sync didn't provide my Windows 7 the proper driver, but the PDA one worked just fine.

I just followed the post that is stuck on the page.

Does that help?