• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to expect with 2.2 update next week?

I'm fairly sure they bumped the processor speed to 600 mHz, plus the JIT-Dalvik compiler will make it feel a LOT faster than that. The only thing is, i've seen some folks who rooted on youtube saying that it feels slow at first but gradually picks up speed, so please dont throw a hissy fit if it isn't blazing fast right off the bat.

what do you mean it starts off slow and then should pick up speed.

Is this even possible for a processor?

Upvote 0
A lot of people are talking about speeding up the processor... as far as I know Froyo has nothing to do with overclocking the processor... I'm not sure where all that is coming from. The only speed change is the optimized JIT compiler which means Java apps compiled in a certain way should run faster. This doesn't mean the whole phone will run faster all the time... it should just be certain apps. That is at least my understanding of it.

Upvote 0
+1
well, actually, I've only had it for a month or so...i was chicken at first...LOL

Whats crazy is that I was ready to root a little while ago..but when I started to look at the process 2.1 was about a week away. So i thought i would wait for that and then get the 2.1 root when it was released.

well..i forgot about rooting and now i come up here to root..and what do you know.. couple days ago i hear about the 2.2 ota update....so should i wait for the 2.2 root? or just say fk it and go ahead and root lol

Upvote 0
whats crazy is that i was ready to root a little while ago..but when i started to look at the process 2.1 was about a week away. So i thought i would wait for that and then get the 2.1 root when it was released.

Well..i forgot about rooting and now i come up here to root..and what do you know.. Couple days ago i hear about the 2.2 ota update....so should i wait for the 2.2 root? Or just say fk it and go ahead and root lol

root root root !!!

Upvote 0
If you are afraid to root put your right hand over your head and then your left hand. Interlace your fingers.

There you have built a bridge over your rooting fears... Cross the bridge and Get over it!

lol .... well put :D

the one thing that all of us rooters have in common is ...
the first thought in our minds right after gaining root is ....
"Why did I wait so long to root" :p

Upvote 0
I will be rooting tonight! Was going to do it now but work cpu doesnt allow acces to C drive. Ive read thru the step by step sticky of 2.1 to root. Sounded a little confusing buy im sure it'll be easy once I perform each step in order.

Any particular things i need to make sure to do? Any mistakes yall made? or is it taht daym easy lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones