• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what to expect...

pogiewun

Jul 18, 2010
hey all. i just purchased the streak from the dell website. since im in the US. my streak will still come with the 1.6 OS right? or is it 2.1? sorry i know i should have done more research but if any of yall wanna gimme some insight and feedback regarding what you like and dont like about the phone that would be awesome. cheers yall!

so i should be receiving the streak sometime this week. can anyone hear please give me info on what the advantages and disadvantages are with updating to 2.1 and possibly going even further to 2.2. ive read a lot of people complaining that they didnt like the 2.1 update because of the sliding gesture to unlock the screen and that they wanted to go back to 1.6. any other thoughts and suggesions? i also wanted to know the best route to take to get to 2.2. from what ive read, i should get the OTA update to 2.1 then follow the directions from xda to go to 2.2. i know that the streak community is still small, but if anyone hear can gimme info, thatd be awesome. thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones