what to read?

Last Updated:

1. crowland1015

crowland1015 New Member This Topic's Starter

i recently bought a samsung vibrant, but im the opposite of tech savy. i really want to learn but i have no idea what i should be reading. if there was a samsung vibrant for dummies i would pick it up but since there isn't ive come to you guys for help. if someone could explain or post a link that explains at the MOST BASIC level what rooting is, how to do it, and if given my very low level of experience i should even bother. thank :)

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

3. crowland1015

crowland1015 New Member This Topic's Starter

my low level of experience is why i want to root. i cant get experienced until i start trying things and this seems like a reasonable place to start. thank you for the link :)

4. smutek

smutek Active Member

Based on you being "the opposite of tech savvy" I'd suggest you not root.

Why not just enjoy your phone, learn how to use it as it is?

Mines rooted and to be honest there's no real benefit for me. I'm fairly tech savvy but definitely no Linux guru (not even remotely close), I have no desire to muck about in terminal, and I'm not in anyway a developer - I rooted, tried the GPS fix, which didn't work - tried Vibrant4 but it seemed there were a few bugs that needed to be ironed out, and in the end I brought my phone back to stock.

Most of it was just curiosity and in the end it was a waste of time for me.

5. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

It mainly is a big curiosity thing so if you find you just cant contain it, then you just gotta take the leap. Just stay calm if anything goes wrong, thats why its always good to do plenty of research first.