• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What to store in SIM and phone memory?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

I am new to S4, this is my first smartphone. SIM card, phone and memory card can store information. Please recommend me what is the best practice that you would store contacts, SMS and other stuff, and how to set it?

Where are the contacts list stored? Where are the SMS stored?

Thanks

All of those will default to saving to the phone.

You will have a Google account now and you are given the opportunity during the setup process to sync some of your information such as contacts, email and calendar. That way it is stored on Google's servers as well as your phone. The big benefit of this is that you won't lose any of this information if you lose your phone.

Although it is possible to store some information on the SIM, I cannot imagine a good reason to do so nowadays.

In short, if you went through the normal setup process for a new phone, everything is probably already set up just as you need.

Upvote 0
Is it a must to use google account? Can I not use google account and can I save contacts, SMS and other stuff in memory card?
You do have a choice as to what you store where so no, you don't need to store your contacts for example on Google's servers.

You do have to use a Google account though but you can restrict its use to logging into Google Play if you want.

Upvote 0
You do have a choice as to what you store where so no, you don't need to store your contacts for example on Google's servers.

You do have to use a Google account though but you can restrict its use to logging into Google Play if you want.

How do you set where to store contacts, SMS... ?

How do you restrict Google account its use to logging into Google Play?

I am sorry if it seems like really noob questions. This is my first smartphone and I really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones