What type of charger should I get for faster charging?Support

1. Rockworthy

Rockworthy New Member

I want to get one of those "quick charger" type wall (and car) adapters for my SGS2. My problem is: I noticed on the fine print on the side of the stock charger that came with the handset, that it produces just .7A of power. That's not very much. I would think it should be able to draw at least a full amp of juice from the wall. My iPhone did. Maybe this is one reason why it takes so damned long to recharge the phone? Anyways, I was scouting around Amazon for a replacement charger, and some of the OEM ones they sell have a "quick charge" description, where it charges extra fast up to 80% then slower all the way to 100%. Has anyone found a good brand that is affordable and that charges quicker than the dumb stock wall charger? Thanks forum!

Advertisement
  2. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

I'd like to know, too, so subscribing. I had one of those quick charging car chargers, and it would show that it charged quickly, but it drained just as quickly as soon as I started using it. :(
  3. glorifiedsins

glorifiedsins Well-Known Member

You have a very good chance of degrading your battery using one of these. Samsung utilizes slow charges batteries and cables for a reason. Just my two cents. You may want to buy a replacement battery that designed for quick charging if you're going to use the quick charge cable.
  4. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

You can't charge faster (only slower). The charge rate is controlled by the firmware and not by the wall charger and is generally around 500-600 mah. Some devs (at least on the Infuse) have kicked up the charging rate in the kernel a little bit. Too much and you will fry the battery or worse it could explode.

Check out XDA.
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

your best bet is to check out ebay and get two batteries with a wall charger for about $15. Sammy phones charge real slow.
  6. Rockworthy

Rockworthy New Member

Wow I can get two replacement batteries and another charger for $15 on eBay??? Holy crap that's cheap. However, besides the price of a couple of extra batteries... what about the durability of the plastic back-plate? How many times can a person really rip that flimsy thing off and stuff it back on before the little pins start to wear out? I guess you could always buy another cover every now and again... but then maybe the holes will wear out too. What do you guys think?
  7. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Be really careful with those cheap batteries, I tried one a while back and it was a 3500mA and it drained faster than the stock one.