What type of memory card do I get???Accessories

Last Updated:

1. micool11

micool11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me out. I want to buy a new Memory card for my Desire. I want either 16GB or 32GB but I just don't understand the class of the cards. I know it has something to do with read/write speeds but will this effect the phones performance if I get a class 2 card as opposed to a class 6.

Advertisement
  2. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

The class number is the minimum Guaranteed read/write speed. Eg class 2 is 2MB/s and class 6 is at least 6 MB/s

Try to avoid ebay at all costs

Hope it helps!

3. micool11

Ok understand now thanks. So final question is what class should i go for and whats the highest class you can get?

4. adam1985

adam1985 Well-Known Member

I would probably go for a class 4 or class 6 there are (as far as i know) 4 classes 2, 4, 6 and 10. You will need at least 4MB/sec write speed for 720p video recording when you get froyo. I dont think that class 10 is recognised by the desire but i could be wrong (and they are very expensive anyway)

I personally have a class 2 16gb pny card but i got it because lots of reviews stated that they were getting much faster speeds (5-6MB/sec) than the class rating. This is because the class rating is the guarenteed minimum transfer rate with high quality cards like sandisc etc you will probably get much faster than rated transfer speeds.

Btw mine was

5. elwyn

elwyn Member

You can get a 8GB for

6. micool11

The PNY 16GB from play was the one I was looking at. Well I'll scour the net to try get a class 4 16GB for

7. adam1985

adam1985 Well-Known Member

I did the same searched for ages to no avail. I think that 7dayshop.com were selling a 16gb sandisc for about

8. Adebisi

Adebisi Well-Known Member

9. ajanu

ajanu Well-Known Member

10. micool11

When you transfer the file there should be a little downward pointing arrow to click on to expand the details and it tells you there what speed you'll get.