What type of Videos?General

Last Updated:

1. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What type of videos will the Eris play? MP4, Mpeg4... I tried putting both on my phone and neither would play with the stock app. One had sound with no picture, the other had a picture that just stuck. I'm trying to put a movie on my phone so that I'll have something to do when I'm travelling.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

-MPEG-4
    -H.263
    -H.264
    -WMV (Although I have tried to play WMV with Act1 Video Player and gotten a message that the phone does not support that type of media player)

As for the others, try Act 1 and see if it plays them.

That is the extent of what I can tell you, maybe some of the video gurus will be able to elaborate more! :eek:

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Download Handbrake. Probably one of the best free video encoders out there. Select the source video. Then the preset for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Then press start and let the video encode. Has worked flawlessly on Animal House and Pink Floyd: The Wall. They both came out to be about 550 MB, which is about right for a full length movie.

4. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info! I'll try Handbrake this weekend and see how it works out.

5. timmywa

timmywa Well-Known Member

I'd like to go the other way around: Convert video taken on the phone (3gp) to something I can whip up real quick in Windows movie maker. Any ideas?

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You can try looking into SUPER timmywa.