• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What version of Android OS are you running?

What OS are you running?

• Stock 2.2.340

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock Rooted 2.2.340

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rom'd Rooted 2.2.340 (Apex, Liberty, Rubix, etc.)

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Stock 2.3.3 (Gingerbread!)

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
I waiting for a rom based on GB or at least a good, accurate GB theme. :D

I love the colors in the stock version and Fab has already said once this gets rooted there will be an Apex build for Gingerbread. With what he was able to do to Froyo I would love to see his build on Gingerbread.

Not saying that I am unhappy with the stock build that we have. I would actually want a build that keeps some of the blur because it is MUCH improved. It is almost like Motorola actually sent people in to read our forums.

Upvote 0
Sorry, guess I was vague. I LOVE the Moto GB theme. Not too keen on the GB theme everyone else has tho. :D
ahh gotcha!

I love the colors in the stock version and Fab has already said once this gets rooted there will be an Apex build for Gingerbread. With what he was able to do to Froyo I would love to see his build on Gingerbread.

Not saying that I am unhappy with the stock build that we have. I would actually want a build that keeps some of the blur because it is MUCH improved. It is almost like Motorola actually sent people in to read our forums.

to be honest...if Fab jumps on this i would love to see him remove the bloat streamline some things for some performance gain, but basically keep the launcher the same...i really think Moto is on to something with their Ginger...

the "stock" GingerBread look seems absolutely BORING compared to what Moto has done...

Upvote 0
I'm honestly loving this new gingerbread. I never thought I would see the day where I would say that about a stock unrooted leak. The battery has lasted until now all day and I am satisfied with that. When root is achieved I think I will just remove some bloatware and a few other tweaks and let it run.
Edit: Until some new awesome GB rom comes out.

I agree with the others that like the new blur. I am partial to blue themes and this one is so clean. I may ditch LPP for the stock launcher but I'm not sure yet.

What has become of me!?

Upvote 0
Got GB installed. Already see something I like trying to sign in to Google: it has a cursor control underneath the letters if you tap the box u typing in. Its easier to see where you want the cursor to go vs. the way it was on 2.2 on the X. And I liked that way. So far this seems better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones