What video size is the Droid support?

Last Updated:

1. blue*lable

blue*lable Member This Topic's Starter

I have allot of video i would like to watch on the phone and some to show my friend at work from my summer vocation. I would like to know what video size should i convert the video too? All the video i will be using are in MPEG 4 Format.

Advertisement
  2. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

That's a good question... I was wondering this myself. The resolution of the screen (on it's side) is 854x480 so it should be something less than that. The good thing is that the dimensions of the screen are 16:9 so it should work very well for wide format movies etc.

I have converted movies to play on my G1. I used to use VEMoDe to resize the videos to 480x350 and they even looked pretty cool then (anything bigger than that would crash the player). I can only imagine how nice movies will look on the Droid at the higher resolution and with the amazing screen.

3. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I would like to know also - what MPEG4 resolution should I convert my videos to? I am planning to watch some of the television shows on Droid. I would like to set my PC DVR software to convert to the best resolution video that Droid can support.

Osho