What voice actions are in 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed 2.1 voice input will recognise the 'call' and 'navigate' commands but I am trying to find out which other actions work on 2.1. Is there a list anywhere?

Advertisement
  2. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

I think that's about it. If you have a look on the market for Vlingo (free app now thanks to Google releasing their voice search).

This can do a lot more, such as dictating sms and E-mail messages, open applications and a few other things I think.

3. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I've had a look at Vlingo and Edwin (which is just bizarre) but it seems Google's speech recognition works a lot better for me.

4. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member

Voice input? Where is it and how do I use it?

5. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

agree with lefthand - can someone tell us what the 'call' and 'navigate' means?!

had no idea the hero had voice functionality?

6. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

You need to download the "Google Search by voice" off the market. If I remember correctly it also asks you to install something else once it's done.

This will give you the option to speak search terms into the search bar (a microphone appears) or you can long-press the search key. As well as search terms there is also a couple of keywords such as "call" and "navigate", call will dial from your contacts list and navigate will open up the sat nav.

I find it hit and miss whether it recognises what I enter (particularly when using handcent to dictate messages) but the search works perfectly.