1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

What Was The Last Live Band You Saw

Last Updated:

1. Snedd

Snedd Well-Known Member

For me it was Heaven 17, Penthouse and Pavement tour in November.
    It only took them 30 years to get around to touring the album!

Advertisement
  2. cipher6

cipher6 Well-Known Member

Adolescents last week, Sick of it All on January 27.

Middle age men tearing the place up!
  3. SamehGT

SamehGT New Member

65dayofstatic on November 25th.
  4. Gnomad

Gnomad Well-Known Member

Roger Waters "The Wall" in October. Also saw The Trans-Siberian Orchestra again in November.
  5. Nijiiro

Nijiiro Well-Known Member

Kasabian headlining at V festival in August last year. My other faves from the weekend included White Lies, Editors, Florence and the Machine, Madness and Faithless. Roll on V 2011! :D
  6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Gary Numan. Went to DC in October, after waiting about 27 years I finally got to see him.
  7. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones... VIP Member

I envy you, on both of them! :):)
  8. Snedd

Snedd Well-Known Member

My most memorable V moment is Queens of the Stone Age (V 2003?). Mark Lanagan on vocals for Hangin Tree.

Haven't done Leeds or V for a couple of years now, makes my back hurt :(
  9. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

Blind Guardian at the Palladium in Boston. best show ever, before that was primus
  10. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Metallica in May(haven't been to any in ages :().

Waited over 3 hours, stood in the front row, caught two picks and a massive beach ball :D

EDIT: Come to think of it, that isn't the last one, I've seen a bunch of small local bands since. Can't remember the names, etc though...
  11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Oh geez.... umm.... :confused:

My next is Escape the Fate and Get Scared though at the end of the month.
  12. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

AC/DC, although that was more than a year ago.

What's the biggest amount you guys have paid for a live show?
  13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Last one I want to forget. My wife drug me to a hinder concert. enough said on that.
  14. Gnomad

Gnomad Well-Known Member

"The Wall" was by far the best show I have ever seen! I hope it comes out on DVD after the Berlin show. I have seen The Trans-Siberian Orchestra three times so far. The really cool thing is I live on the west side of Ohio, the west coast tour comes as far east as Fort Wayne so I have gotten to see both of the different bands that perform the shows. They played some songs from their upcoming album "Gutter Ballet", should be a great show also!
  15. Gnomad

Gnomad Well-Known Member

Roger Water "The Wall" tickets were $150 a piece. If any show was worth it, that one was. AC/DC is the band I have seen the most often, I went to "Powerage" in '78, "For Those About to Rock" in '81 and "Who Made Who" in '86.
    DaSchmarotzer likes this.
  16. Hizorse

Hizorse Well-Known Member

Mushroomhead. Seeing them again on the 21st.
  17. Nijiiro

Nijiiro Well-Known Member

Makes my back hurt too! Both the lugging gear from the car and the standing for hours on end. I'm far too old for it really, but I minimise the weight what I take as much as possible and wear the best shoes I can for comfort, and if it's a few band I'm not worried about being up front for, I sit down on the grass at the back. I'll keep going until the pain becomes absolutely unbearable! Lol.
  18. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Zappa plays Zappa @ Keswick Theater on the 18th of december.

Before that, it was Ween in Central Park in september
  19. EmoTonyB

$90 for Nightwish but that included a Meet and Greet, signing, and Photo op as well as the concert.
  20. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

i am extremely envious, was this when tarja was the singer or that new one? I wish I had gotten around to seeing them back then :(

most I ever paid for a ticket was i think like 150/ticket (bought 5 total for friends and gf going still havent been payed back GRRR) or something like that, I preordered VIP Pit tickets for last years mayhem so I could do the whole meet and greet deal with rob zombie. was pleasantly surprised that I got to see avenged sevenfold too.
  21. EmoTonyB

this was with Anette, however, i saw them live in brooklyn in 2002 ang got to meet her (Tarja) and got her sig then.
  22. MortalSynz

MortalSynz Member

Halestorm, Stone Sour, Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold (Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour)
  23. cjr72

cjr72 Well-Known Member

The Black Keys at Stubbs in Austin a few months ago. That ended about a 15 year drought from the last concert I saw, Soundgarden in the mid '90's.
  24. Snedd

Snedd Well-Known Member

25. NightHawk877

NightHawk877 Well-Known Member

I saw Downhere, a Christian rock band from Canada, last November in San Antonio.