What went wrong?Support

Last Updated:

1. wonder847

wonder847 New Member This Topic's Starter

Dear All - I'm still getting the hang of my HTC Desire and took a couple of videos at the weekend. I did try to send it via gmail, but that didn't work, so thought I would just download it onto my pc. However, when I connected the phone to the pc, the video didn't transfer (although a couple of others did). I've now just checked my phone, and the video has vanished altogether (and I definitely didn't press delete!!). Is it lost in the ether somewhere, or will it be on my phone in a random location? Please help as it was a special video of my kids that I'd love to keep. Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Download some form of file recovery software from the internet, plug your phone into the computer, choose to mount it as a disk drive, and run the recovery software on it. Hopefully the video won't have been overwritten.

wonder847 likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

the SD card is FAT32 formatting. File allocation table. The way windows sees it, is it looks for a database entry in the FAT database to locate the file. When you delete a file, it removes the entry and changes the amount of free space but the file is still there until FAT creates a new entry and writes the file over it.

If the card is big and hasnt been used much since, the post above may well help.

There is also a folder on the sd card called LOST. may be worth looking there or running a search for all files with the file extension on the SD card.

wonder847 likes this.