• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What were you using before the Driod?

What phone were you using before the Droid?

• Total voters
The Droid is my first smart phone.
My previous phone was a hacked Razr K1M running Vivo, a Brazillian OS that didn't lock anything on the phone. Everything worked; BT, DUN, MP3 Player, Internet, etc.
Internet with a dial pad keyboard. Mmmmm.
-Just because you can doesn't mean you should, I guess. :p

At least I didn't have to pay Veri$on a second time to listen to songs I already owned.

Upvote 0
I had HTC Apache (xv6700) and HTC Titan (xv6800) each for about 2 years. 4 years of WinMo and I had enough and picked up the Droid on christmas eve. At first I was going to get the Imagio, but the Android UI sold me. There were no TouchPro2 phones in stock and I wanted WinMo 6.5 and wasn't about to wait around for the TP2 to get it. I miss how seamless WinMo was with exchange and other microsoft products, notably office, but Android is working out for me and the UI is so much more stylish than WinMo without any needed skinning to make it look less blah.

Upvote 0
I was using a Sprint/Nextel/whoever Motorola i850. Great piece of hardware, best phone I've owned (until the Droid proves itself). Clamshell, It actually looked like a phone, tough as nails, I broke one of the displays a year ago (fell asleep on it) and it still worked, good camera, rudimentary text/web stuff, it'll be missed.

I was amused that I quit the i850 and the Droid's model number is something close like a855.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones