• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will Android 5.0

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
With Google I/O fast approaching, just about every Android fan is on the look out for some new clue as to what will be introduced during the event. While we (for the most part) believe an announcement for the next major Android version wont occur until later this year, that’s not stopping strange leaks hinting […]

More...

Excellent news :D that means the upcoming Android beasts such as the Galaxy Note 4 and Xperia Z3 will probably have it out-the-box after being unveiled at this year's upcoming IFA event in Sept. :)

ehhh, we will see, I think the upcoming Note 4 might be too early to have a rollout of the newest Android system on it.

Sounds like we might not be getting the lastest from Google for awhile still, they just want to give us a taste of whats to come :)

Upvote 0
no, unlike you i do not live in the land of perfect, super fast internet. i have a sketchy 4G hotspot. but i did see some hideously ugly screencaps. my god no root tool could get the pinkie pie concept out of it.

unless you own a Nexus 5 or a Motorola X, KitKat amounted to nothing except Jelly Bean with white icons up top. although Samsung did add some nice toys in the TouchWiz variant. so my faith is with Samsung and not Google.

Upvote 0
no, unlike you i do not live in the land of perfect, super fast internet. i have a sketchy 4G hotspot. but i did see some hideously ugly screencaps. my god no root tool could get the pinkie pie concept out of it.

unless you own a Nexus 5 or a Motorola X, KitKat amounted to nothing except Jelly Bean with white icons up top. although Samsung did add some nice toys in the TouchWiz variant. so my faith is with Samsung and not Google.

A few of the things announced today within the 2 hour keynote

Android wear
Android TV
Android Auto
Android One
Google Fit (Including BLE peripheral mode)
Enterprise Security Enchancements
Chromecast live Streaming
Enhanced privacy controls
Enhanced Battery Life
ART default runtime
Material Design
Improved Graphics performance
New Search Experience
Project Hera
Enhanced Notifications (Including knowing automatically when to use a pin and when you have your device

Thats not mentioning all of the app updates, which would have normally come bundled with the new operating system 2 years ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones