• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what will apple invent / copy next? maybe a game console system

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
apple as followed microsoft...
Desktop Computer
Laptop
home media
phone
tablet

will apple follow into the xbox market?
and bring a shift in that market?
will the reality distortion field make everyone forget there was a game market before apple?

has the mobile device been eating too much into the home game console market? is it a dieing market? or will there be a device that will combine several different devices into one HOME Entertainment box: game/tv/internet/computer/movie/DVR/home security/etc...

apple as followed microsoft...
Desktop Computer
Laptop
home media
phone
tablet

will apple follow into the xbox market?
and bring a shift in that market?
will the reality distortion field make everyone forget there was a game market before apple?

has the mobile device been eating too much into the home game console market? is it a dieing market? or will there be a device that will combine several different devices into one HOME Entertainment box: game/tv/internet/computer/movie/DVR/home security/etc...

They are trying to integrate Apple TV into a physical TV box so that you just need to plug in an ethernet cable (or use wifi) and a power cable and have internet TV. That's their next big thing.

I've also heard rumors of Apple making a controller for the iPad. Specifically from Apple so that the app store games would be able to be controlled via the controller, not the touch controls. Make it so it can put out an HDMI signal, and an iPad is basically a video game console in it's own right.

But I wouldn't put it past them to try to rip off of Ouya after that proves to be somewhat of a success. I'm actually surprised they have yet to do it, as they could use the App Store's success to make a fairly impressive video game console.

A lot of tech analysts are saying that the progression to mobile apps is probably the true next gen gaming, regardless of whatever Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo put out this/next year. Considering the rapid development of these games, I would say that isn't far from the mark.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones