What will froyo do that 2.1 doesn't?

1. ducatidrew

ducatidrew Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the difference will be. I came from hero to evo and whit the hero, the anxiety of waiting for 2.1 was understandable, but i know nothing about what froyo will bring.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

You can store apps on your SD card , phone will be faster , new Adobe Flash , wi fi hotspot feature and more I'm sure.
  3. ducatidrew

we can do hotspot with 2.1 right? do ytou mean it will be free with 2.2? that be awesome .
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

5. ducatidrew

dude i love kittens.... and , i always look at the thread suggestions it shows you when you start a new thread and i didn't see anything that looked like it may answer my question. sorry dude and thax for the link. id watch but the screen on my evo is out and my job block youtube.
  6. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Im sure Sprint will block that feature and charge us $30 to use it.
    ducatidrew likes this.
  7. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the addition of bluetooth voice dialing (which i can't wait for since i just bought the new BlueAnt S4)

Is it me or did that video bore the hell out of everyone and do nothing for making you want froyo that much more -
  8. EarlyMon

Bummer - and I wasn't meaning for it to be THAT hard of a time.

Watch the toob first chance you get, it'll really focus and simplify all other explanations, in my opinion.
  9. EarlyMon

Oh, you wanted entertainment and to be sold on wanting it.

Sorry, that was just that pesky info thing.

:D
  10. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Like someone else said it is a faster experience (not that 2.1 is slow) and it gives flash. It will let you watch all of your dirty movies on the internet from your phone.......

....come on dont act like you dont watch them.:D
  11. EarlyMon

That's what I have HDTV for!

More seriously though - I freaking hate the restricted YouTube content. So many music vids are now only available thru that YouTube/VEVO thing (thanks again, record labels for giving me one less reason to rush out and buy a tune I can't decide on!!!). Can't get to 'em and the YouTube option is just grayed out.

Restricted content my butt.
  12. ducatidrew

the only things that i have found(dirty movies included)lol, that won't play, are hulu and netflix. i have flash 10.1 and im not rooted. running the software before the update came out. i hope my replacment isn't pre upgraded cuz i wanna root one day when i see that there is a rom worth running and i grow the cojones~. (afraid of warranty b.s.)
  13. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

but theres already a great app for that. even shows up as "to do list" under your apps... and requires a password to use. :)
  14. EarlyMon

I came across some app earlier today that was supposed to handle this sort of problem - but - I didn't bookmark it and now I've spaced it..... (opera????)

In any case, I prefer slashcontrol.com - unedited complete Babylon 5 series. Over-compressed, but who cares - it's there.
  15. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

nothing works on slashcontrol.com for me. Most of the content comes from Hulu and is "unavailable" and the rest never loads.
  16. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy Active Member

Am i the only one who's curious to find out the name of this app???
  17. Wendemi

Wendemi Active Member

Could you give the name of the app and how to get it?
  18. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

It's in the Market, something like "Dirty movies"
  19. ducatidrew

i use pandora to hide dirty movies