What will happen if...

Last Updated:

1. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some day, rooting a phone is no longer possible?! I feel like I've become addicted to all the features that come with being able to root a phone, as well as invested some $$ in to the 'root user only' apps.

Definitely a preliminary thought by far, but how boring are our phones going to become if say, 3.0, no longer has the defect to allow root? I might just have to keep my Inc for the next 10 years. Just sayin..

Advertisement
  2. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

Well it is legal now, not that that means they will want us to do it. I'd imagine they aren't too worried about it though.

3. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

there were so many news before the Droid X came out saying the phone is nearly unrootable. first week, Droid X is rooted. people will always find a way no matter what.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

if phones get locked up and people cant hack them then i will die

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breathe Joe I don't think we will ever be locked out. maybe us, but unrevoked won't and as long as them and people like do keep doing their thing, they can't bring us down man!

6. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member

Anything is hackable.. and it seems the more secure a system is, there are more people trying to be the first to hack it.

If it was a major concern there would be security updates on a regular basis to keep hackers out.

While these companys claim to frown upon hacking of theirhardware, I suspect the big shots of the company secretly love when it happens. The still have to sell you the product before you can try to hack it.

7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

True, and not too mention, If I buy something, it's mine, If I want to root it, its my choice.

8. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 Active Member

In a perfect world we actually wouldn't need to root. Rooting only unlocks features that we were blocked from using essentially, but if the mobile providers and the phone os devs, and the phone manufacturers all left everything open you wouldn't have to root.