• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What will happen to my imported AMAZE when ICS is released?

GerryAttrick

Jul 28, 2010
I have an HTC Amaze that I imported. I believe it was originally bound for a Canadian carrier but it is unlocked and runs fine on my carrier Telecom NZ.

Telecom NZ have never offered this phone so I am wondering what will happen and whether I will get ICS for my phone. I thought the OTA update would come via the carrier but thats not going to happen in my case...unless like ET the Amaze phones home (to HTC ) for the update.

Am I correct and if so is there another way to get ICS for my phone - from HTC maybe?

Sorry if this sounds like a basic question but I have never had an update on any of my previous phones before so don't know what happens.

I have an HTC Amaze that I imported. I believe it was originally bound for a Canadian carrier but it is unlocked and runs fine on my carrier Telecom NZ.

Telecom NZ have never offered this phone so I am wondering what will happen and whether I will get ICS for my phone. I thought the OTA update would come via the carrier but thats not going to happen in my case...unless like ET the Amaze phones home (to HTC ) for the update.

Am I correct and if so is there another way to get ICS for my phone - from HTC maybe?

Sorry if this sounds like a basic question but I have never had an update on any of my previous phones before so don't know what happens.

I should have popped back with an update

This is now sorted.

On one of the many times I asked the phone to check for updates it told me there was one and updated itself - very smooth and phone works like a charm.

I suppose now we will have to do the run around waiting for jelly bean??:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones