What will I lose with Launcher Pro?

Last Updated:

1. Brijadyn

Brijadyn Member This Topic's Starter

I am going from a Blackberry to the Fascinate so this is my first Android device. So I have learned a lot but I still have a lot to learn lol. What is the benefit of installing Launcher Pro? It is just an app in the market correct? If I install it, it will replace touch wiz right? I have read about what it can do and I like what it does but I am more concerned about what I may lose from the touch wiz features. I guess because I am not really sure what features are exactly touch wiz and what are part of the phone itself. Are there widgets I will lose or apps I will lose? It seems to be the people are overwhelmingly in favor of launcher pro so I am just wondering why. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

I use launcher pro plus on my DX but you should try the stock launcher for at least a week because it really makes good use of the amoled screen. If you dont like it try launcher pro you wont lose anything minus the iphone look

3. Brijadyn

Brijadyn Member This Topic's Starter

If I install Launcher Pro at some point can you uninstall it and go back to touch wiz????

4. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

If you install launcher pro does it or can you keep the iphone grid look at least in the applications menu. I like having all the icons squared like that so it looks uniform.

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Yes, you can either uninstall Launcher Pro, or switch back to the stock launcher using an app like Home Switcher.

6. Destination: Moon

Destination: Moon Active Member

Yeah, you should, but you may have to set everything up again. I have a DINC and owned the X for a while. Moto Blur on the X sucked compared to Sense on the HTC. You will find that opinion common. Sense seems to be the best regarded skin installed by a manufacturer (from my reading on reviews and forums).

Its much more polished, and the widgets on the X were really poor. Some folks hate all the skins and like launcher pro. I tried LP on the X because Blur was so bad. It did help for sure.

That said, with 7 home screens on both,TW and LP (you can customize how many home screens in LP) they are pretty similar. Stock Android only offers 3 home screens. Change your wall paper to what suits you (I like plain dark color un-animated, to free up resources and extend battery life) and they should be more similar than different.

The paid ver of LP comes with some nice widgets from what I read. I Getting the fascinate tomorrow. I'll run TW to see how it differs from Sense (on HTC phones). Probably try to find the widgets I like in the Market and run them on TW for a while.

Hope that helps. Since this is your first android,use TW for a while so you can understand the differences on other skins. Once you get a feel for android (very intuitive) and understand TW then go to a store and play with a DINC and an X. The difference will be readily apparent and you can figure out if TW is what you want to stay with.