What will you do with your old phone once you buy the Evo?

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Palm Pre, and since I used to be in the Cricket flashing community I'm going to try and flash it and give to a friend who can't afford to be on any major carriers. I could sell it but I would rather help out a buddy. So long Pre, I hardly knew ye.

Advertisement
  2. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Well I am currently trying to trade my Hero for a moment for the wife. She likes the qwerty keyboard.
    That and I stole her upgrade:D so I feel I should do something, she is still rocking a pink katana:(

me2u69 likes this.
  3. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

already sold my NEXUS ONE and now am using an LG Prada to hold me over. I will list my LG may 30th for a 5 day auction.

i always made fun of people who waited in line for apple stuff, now i have become that guy, geez, sad, very sad.

4. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I have a blackberry tour. I plan on keeping it while i'm within the 30-day return policy for the EVO. If I decide to keep the EVO I may give the Tour to my GFs daughter who wants a blackberry or sell it if I can get over $100.

5. mpbond

mpbond Well-Known Member

My Iphone will become an Ipod touch.

CallDon likes this.
  6. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

My Palm Pre will probably end up as a spare phone. My girlfriend still has hers and will likely use it until it breaks, at which point she can decide to upgrade or I can swap the spare on to her line. I guess I could sell it but it has wear and tear so I would probably only get like $75-100 tops and maybe less. Almost worth it just to avoid buying a spare if one of our phones breaks in the future.

7. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

I can't even sell my phones LOL I could; however, take a hammer to them and bash them senseless :D

8. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

i have a hero now...ill prob just sell it.

9. Kalrog

Kalrog Member

Probably give it to my daughter to use - without a battery. She is 5 and likes that type of thing. Especially since it is an old blackberry 8820 on a different carrier.

10. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

/thread winner

11. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

Sell baby Sell! Actually, my Blackberry 8900 already has a buyer.

12. bmwboyee

bmwboyee Well-Known Member

Just so you guys know. I already sold my hero. I got $250 for it. It had an 8 gig class 4 microsd, 2000 mAh battery + stock and all boxes and manuals. So I was very happy with the sale.

13. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

I have 2 lines, one I use for work for my sales group, so they dont have my real personal #. So my PRE will move to that line....atleast I can still enjoy WebOs here and there.

14. 80s_kid

80s_kid Well-Known Member

my friend is buying my hero, so that will cover all but the $50 i already have on the gift card lol plus taxes.

15. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Since I decided to use Radio Shack to buy the EVo, I will be using their trade-in/exchange program and use that money for the EVO(s).

I currently have 2 Sprint Heros and 1 HTC Touch and the U301 3G/4G modem.
    Both of the heros will be the ones upgraded to the EVO.
    The Touch is out of contract. The Heros are up in Oct 2010 (but I will get Sprint to up the date for me)
    The U301 3G/4G is up in Feb 2112.

So i know for a fact that cancelling the 3g/4G modem will incur a early termination fee of $200.00,which is okay considering that I will be spending much more each month in plan charges for the rest of the contract. Plus the EVO will be my new modem.

So, 1 Hero in perfect condition. 2nd Hero is okay condition. Also have two Touch Diamonds and one HTC Touch.

$110.83 for Hero #1
    $082.60 for Hero #2
    $035.00 for Touch Diamond #1
    $035.00 for Touch Diamond #2
    $018.67 for HTC Touch
    --------
    $282.10 in savings (200 to pay the ETF, and 82.10 to split up between the two new EVOs. So instead of getting it for $199.99, I'll get them for $158.94

Mind you this is all dependent on the theory that I can get Sprint to up my eligibility from October to June 4th. If not, then I will have to do a garage sale type search at home for other phones and electronic devices that I can trade into Radio Shack. lol

TS out

16. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

I have a Palm Pre right now. Given how cheap they're being given away by the carriers, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to garner that much from an eBay/Craigslist sale. Therefore I'm planning on selling it to either BB or RS. It's one of the few instances where I think it's actually decent market value.

17. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

selling my iPhone 3GS 32gb on ebay for whatever i can get for it. won't have a phone for about 2 weeks :(

18. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

Craigslist for my Blackberry Curve. I see them going for upwards to $100 in much worse shape than mine.

19. CallDon

CallDon Member

I will put my current Treo 755p in a box next to my old Treo 750p and let them retire. Couldn't sell them for much and I might need a backup.

20. Synthetickiller

Synthetickiller Well-Known Member

Selling my 32gb iphone w/ case, car mount & a bluetooth headset on ebay unlocked/jailbroken hoping that w/ cancelations fees, the $200 for the evo + acessories, activation, etc, I still come out on top.

I'll be very glad to get rid of my POS iphone.

I also have a samsung sync and blackjack I'll trade in. If I get $20 for them, that's fine.

21. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Originally was planning on selling my Hero on eBay but my mom wants me to sell it to my dad, probably for $100. She has the Hero and likes it but my dad is not so enthusiastic about having one. He is not exactly dexterous and I'm concerned about him being able to use a touchscreen, but we'll see. Failing that, I'm seeing that new Hero's are selling on eBay for around $200. I'm thinking getting $120-150 for my used one is not out of the question.

22. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

There is a program near me that will take in old phone and give them to family and people that need cellphones to get jobs and back on their feet. I will give my phone to them. Not only do I get a 100 bucks tax donation but I also get to help people.

Caloy, dxCoqui and clambert1273 like this.
  23. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Selling my iPhone 3G and using it to pay for the Evo and my early termination fee.

24. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I will be giving my wife my tour because I am stealing her upgrade. She doesn't care much about what phone she has so it works out best for us. I think when my upgrade comes up in july I will buy her an EVO also.

25. Max Power

Max Power Member

I have two phones to dispose of: and old (old) Sony Ericcson T616, and my current 16 GB iPhone 3G. The T616 I will sell to Sprint through their buy back/ recycle program if possible. I could have kept the iPhone as an iPod, but I will have the same functionality through the EVO, and there aren't really any apps I'll miss that aren't replaceable through the Android marketplace. So I've a friend of a friend who's put in for it. I'd gift it to her, but it seems she'd rather pay. *shrugs*