• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will your next phone be?

Well I think I already have my eye on this phone
htcevoslidervzw-550x406.jpg

When it will be out is still a mystery but it's looking like my replacement/next best thing. I really wish that Verizon would embrace smaller and sleeker instead of bulkier and better but it looks like I would have to go to Tmobile for that itch to be scratched.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm getting an iphone5!

Just kidding. I am going to stick with my Dinc for a very long time. I have a feeling tiered Data is going to make it's way to VZW next year and I plan on getting grandfathered in until the bitter end. I will not likely get a new phone until q2 of 2012. I am hoping for some awesome dual core action and double sided NanoLED screens which fold out for wide screen mode.... also I need my phone to make coffee and also have a razor function.

Upvote 0
Short answer: Who knows?

Longer answer: I will get the next best thing available after my upgrade date. I'm sure it will not even be in development for at least another year. I do know one thing though: If verizon does what it did to the Fascinate (i.e. Bing as default search engine! seriously?!!!) to other Android phones then I certainly will not be on Verizon for too long.

ATT did the same thing with some or all of their android phones. Even though it sucks you can still change it to google.

Ill be waiting till 4g probably comes out where ever I live at that time and depending on how much more per month it costs will also help me decide.

Upvote 0
YES!!! bu on VZN. I would kill to have an Evo, but Sprint is unfortunately not going to be my provider.

Droid Incredible HD for Verizon Wireless Coming Soon?

Looks like this could hit Verizon by Christmas time. Droid Incredible HD . 4.3in Display , kickstand, front and rear facing cameras etc...

I'm hoping the display is better in the light, I'd love to see a SuperAmoled but I highly doubt that's going to happen

Upvote 0
Droid Incredible HD for Verizon Wireless Coming Soon?

Looks like this could hit Verizon by Christmas time. Droid Incredible HD . 4.3in Display , kickstand, front and rear facing cameras etc...

I'm hoping the display is better in the light, I'd love to see a SuperAmoled but I highly doubt that's going to happen

If its identicle to the Incredible with the Sense and the over all feel, plus MUCH better audio playback through recorded video, then im sold. Seriously, thats the biggest thing holding me back on the Inc. It seems insignificant, but it bothers me that almost EVERYTHING is perfect on the Inc and that is just SO bad.

Upvote 0
;)

I won't be upgrading until a reliable LTE service is in place in my area and we have a nice selection of phones to choose from. But, personally will be looking for....

1. 4.0" SuperamoLED or nanoLED screen-I know some like the 3.7" and I do too, but think 4.0" is the "sweet spot." For some that may be too big, but the 4.3" screen phones are friggin' huge, for sure.

2. As mentioned above, LTE.

3. HDMI out-By then, maybe 1080I or P....?

4. At least double the 515MB of RAM (1-2 GB).

5. Dual core processor.

6. Hopefully at least 16GB of internal memory (and an 8 or 16 GB card included).

There are many other features that will start coming out in smartphone tech. Pretty exciting.

For now though, I'll just continue lovin' me some HTC Incredible.

And, in the future, if cell phone companies can't give me some of the features I desire, I'll just get the Pomegranate 2.

Pomegranate | NS08

Upvote 0
;)

I won't be upgrading until a reliable LTE service is in place in my area and we have a nice selection of phones to choose from. But, personally will be looking for....

1. 4.0" SuperamoLED or nanoLED screen-I know some like the 3.7" and I do too, but think 4.0" is the "sweet spot." For some that may be too big, but the 4.3" screen phones are friggin' huge, for sure.

2. As mentioned above, LTE.

3. HDMI out-By then, maybe 1080I or P....?

4. At least double the 515MB of RAM (1-2 GB).

5. Dual core processor.

6. Hopefully at least 16GB of internal memory (and an 8 or 16 GB card included).

There are many other features that will start coming out in smartphone tech. Pretty exciting.

For now though, I'll just continue lovin' me some HTC Incredible.

And, in the future, if cell phone companies can't give me some of the features I desire, I'll just get the Pomegranate 2.

Pomegranate | NS08

OMG that was hilarious!! I love the harmonica!

Upvote 0
ATT did the same thing with some or all of their android phones. Even though it sucks you can still change it to google.

Ill be waiting till 4g probably comes out where ever I live at that time and depending on how much more per month it costs will also help me decide.

I tell u what, when read the review on Gizmodo it truly pissed me off!!!! Verizon has always had the best service and great customer service but there proprietary OS always sucked!! 3rd party ring tones were not easy to get and basically everything had to be achieved through their proprietary bullshit services! When the Motorola Droid came out, I was pretty surprised that they had such an open system on an otherwise very locked down network but then came the Incredible, Droid x and Droid 2 and I said to myself wow this is pretty friggen awesome. You can hack these phones to do Damn near anything u need. But then 2.2 finally rolled out for our Incredibles and oh shit here they go again with there stupid blotware and I thought "shit here we go again" and then I read the gizmodo article on their Fascinate !! If they start doing that shit to all future Droids, I may finally leave Big Red ..... someone should start a poll and send it to the powers that be

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones