What wireless tether app?

Last Updated:

1. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't rooted my X, but I'm considering it. I like the idea of wireless tethering. I have a question tho. After you root, do you use the wireless hotspot app already on your phone, or do you need to download another app to use.

I'm not quite brave enough to try this yet, but as a previous BB Storm user I tried nearly every upgraded OS that was leaked and never had an issue.

The universal androot app looks pretty fool proof.

Advertisement
  2. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

You would use an aftermarket app. from the market. A lot of people use wireless tether or barnacle. I use wireless tether, works fine.

I also came from the storm. Now I look at it as a big piece of shit.. Rooting was easy, I used the one click root from alldroid.org on my pc. It was very simple, and with enough searching I got to where I am now pretty easily.

sleepsafe likes this.
  3. sleepsafe

Yea, the Storm was a rock tablet and a chisel compared to the X, hell compared to MOST smart phones.

OK I rooted with universal androot, that was painless. Much more than updating the OS on a BB. I downloaded wireless tether. Can you ONLY us this app via bluetooth. What about using a wifi connection. Seems like it would be faster.

4. sleepsafe

I figured it out, select WIFI! This is pretty cool. No more paying $10 bucks sitting in an airport wanting to get on the net.

5. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a nice option.. Look into Froyo, it's a lot better than 2.1 IMHO...

6. LessFilling

LessFilling Active Member

I use Wireless Tether, but when I want to stop it, the screen flashes but it stays running and the icon stays in the notification bar. I have to use Task killer to stop the app. Is there something I am missing? I am rooted via universalandroot.

7. sleepsafe

I don't know, since mine has been rooted only for a couple of hours. I did notice than when I shut off the Wireless Tether app I was asked for SU permission, I checked remember and yes. I've only had it on a couple of times but it worked ok.