What would be the best way to transfer things from one sd card to another when buying a new sd card?General

1. bobbybv15

bobbybv15 Active Member

Hey guys I have and optimus rooted with the sense rom and been thinking about updating my sd card. I currently have a 2gb but want a 8gb. So my question is what would be the best way to transfer everything from one sd card to another without and hassles?

Advertisement
  2. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

plug in to usb and chose turn on usb storage, put everything on the sd card in a file on your computer, swap the sd card in the phone and turn on usb storage and move everthing from the file to the sd card.
  3. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

When removing sd card, do we have to go into settings and unmount first? Also, I'm guessing the same applies when partitioning a new sd card, ie, copy/backup files onto computer, then when finished partitioning (through recovery menu), move/copy files onto new card? Thanks in advance :)
  4. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

NV and my apologies - reread partitioning thread and found this (below) from OP "The_Dude": How 2 A2SD (via DarkTremor and Joneidy's Custom Recovery) Partitioning your SD card: http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/379409-how-2-a2sd-via-darktremor-joneidys-custom-recovery.html

---------------------------
    [Preface: This covers only steps involving using an SD already in the phone. Steps involved with installing a new SD are similar, but just involve extra steps with unmounting the original card, turning the phone off, and installing a new card before proceeding with partitioning.]