What would cause the screen to come on by itself?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last night while my Evo was charging, the screen just came on by itself. I've never seen it do that before (but for all I know it may do it all night while I'm sleeping!). Anyway, it was just the normal "locked" screen, nothing special, and it turned off after about 10 seconds (though I have the screen set to turn off after 1 minute).

But then a few minutes later it came on again. This time I picked it up and checked running apps (nothing unusual), did a few things, then turned off the screen manually. AFAIK, it didn't come back on.

Weird?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Mine always does that. Once when it finishes charging, then again when it kicks back into charging if left on the echarger long enough.

You think that's weird... turn the screen off, and plug it into a car charger. The screen comes on, stays on, and when you unplug it, the screen turns off, then back on.

JohnJSal likes this.
  3. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure it was finished charging yet when it came on, though, but oh well.

4. Leafgreen

Leafgreen Active Member

I experience the same. I saw someone else post this same issue on another thread a few weeks ago.

5. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

my wife's evo will "wake" for something, then never "sleep" unless you do it manually. she don't care, so i don't care, but it would bug me if it was mine.

6. julie2928

julie2928 Member

Mine does this too...I had it charging on my desk while I was working and the screen popped on, I thought maybe a call was coming in, but nope. Did it a few times. Figure it's just a quirk of the phone...

7. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

i have never seen mine turn on randomly. even after hitting a full charge i don't think it does.

putting my phone on the charger now to test this...

edit: it turns on when i plug it into the wall, i'm at 42% we'll see if it turns on while i watch a movie.

Edit: my screen does not turn on when it finishes charging. Tried it twice. I am on fresh Rom 3.3 I don't ever recall It turning on when I ran a stock Rom either.