What would you cancel?

Last Updated:

1. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Similar to the ban the band you can't stand in the music subform, I'm curious, what shows would you cancel if you had the power?

To list a few:

Jersey Shore
    American Idol (its gone on long enough...)
    Amish Mafia (I can't believe people actually believe it)
    Honey Boo Boo (if thats the name of it..)

I'm sure theres more I'd like to see off the air, but thats all I can think of

So what do you say?

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person -

I like pbf's list. I'd include fake 'reality' shows, such as Restaurant Stakeout, Mystery Diners, and Health Inspectors--all on Food Network, all HORRIBLY acted, all obviously fake, and all passed off by Food Network as being real. :rolleyes:
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Okay, this post has gotten away from me, so I'll do a little bit on each show... in a meaningless order. Oh, wall of text hidden for your viewing pleasure. :)
    I actually don't mind Moonshiners [the first season was far more informative]... but I'd cancel the whole lot of them if I could :p

(and with moonshiners, actually, I'd probably enjoy a documentary more, but this is what we have :/ )

I did happen to catch a couple of Amish Mafia episodes, and well, it was so laughable. But after the initial humor fades, it quickly becomes the television version of nails on a chalk board. :eek:

I truly believe the Jersey Shore is one of the worst things to happen to our culture in quite a while. I get that MTV isn't about music any longer, and that these fake drama shows result in a higher profit margin than other shows, but I can still not accept it. It disgusts me. I could keep going on about how awful it is, but it upsets me. :(

American Idol - hate it. Simon Cowell (however you spell his name) was the only good thing in that he was pretty harsh to people. That was kinda funny. But the whole basis for the show is something that doesn't appeal to me. I saw a commercial for this seasons judges, and I had no clue who those people where, or why they are 'famous'. I think Randy Jackson was an original judge, so I guess he's 'American Idol' famous. And he is a find judge because of experience..? The rest are (I believe) people who claim to be musical 'artists'. I take their talent with a grain of salt because of all the auto-tuning going on in music these days. :(

So, ta-da! You've reached the end and likely learned nothing. I'd cancel all of them and replace it with a documentary following the history of moonshine and moonshiners.
  4. pbf98

I have also watched moonshiners myself.. but I just don't think it really is "real" because you have camera crews running around with the moonshiners, and you have crews running around with the law. Wouldn't the crews have to give up any info pertaining to the whereabouts of any criminal activity?
    I do like the old guys with no teeth though that have that heavy southern accent haha

I laugh every time I see an episode of amish mafia.. not because I find the show funny really, but because of how many contradictions they have in every episode. And the fact that it was a show makes me laugh too haha. I really hope no one believes the show.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Actually never really seen any of those (power of having no cable ;)).
    But, of what I know about them, I'd go with American Idol. Just let it die. It spawns off too many copies too, blech.
    I love Honey Boo boo, she's hilarious. :)
  6. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Any reality show which includes the words 'Got Talent', 'Idol' or 'Next top xxx' in its title.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

The Voice of China...and I thought The X Factor was bad.
  8. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

All of those geordie shore, made in chelsea kinda rubbish.
    Big brother
    Celebrity big brother
    IACGMOH/ celeb version
    All of the Indian dramas my mum watches
  9. pbf98

Oh a few more to add to my list!

Storage wars - fake show to encourage people to get into it irl... goes a little too far and gets annoying

All the repo shows.. they even have a disclaimer stating that they are based off of actual events, but the names and location has been changed...

lol nice number of posts there 1337
    9to5cynic likes this.
  10. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Ha... he can't reply now!
  11. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Too late, but what's so good about 1337
  12. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

In leetspeak it means leet or l33t, meaning elite. Not knowing that of course means you were never 1337 ;)
    Mehta23 likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

please, please, please cancel this show!!!!!!
    Mehta23 likes this.
  14. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Sex in The City. It's not running any more, but it's constantly repeated over here, it fills my Sky+ box :(
  15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

LMAO at Sex in the City! :rolleyes:
    I started watching Girls which is supposedly the hipster 20 something version of it. It's quite over the top. Not sure if I really like it though, but the fact that a 23 year old is producing and acting in it is pretty impressive.
  16. pbf98

Oh i know, on TV Land, bring back some of the shows that really are from the past! I'm sick of seeing new sitcoms, and reruns from the 90s and 00s on there. I remember when TV Land use to be shows like leave it to beaver, happy days, mr ed, i dream of genie, ect.. there was never a new show or an original show on there which was something I liked
  17. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I'll still watch MASH whenever it's on TVland. I'm not sure if it's sad that I find MASH so much more enjoyable than the majority of shows currently on TV, but hey, it was a great show. :)
  18. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

I can do without all of the "reality" and "paranormal / occult" shows. I don't care about actual pop stars, never mind wannabes. And I'm tired of story lines that say "monsters are people too". :rolleyes:
  19. droidrv

droidrv Member

I miss leave it to beaver and I dream of Genie. Good shows.