What would you do if you had a dead pixel?Support

Last Updated:

1. Xtgirl

Xtgirl Member This Topic's Starter

This might be really nit picky but there's a dead pixel on my screen and it's very obvious when I surf the web with the white background. I'm coming from the iPhone...apple would replace the phone..do you think verizon would or should I just suck it up?

Advertisement
  2. teeno

teeno Well-Known Member

id like to know as well its a green pixel.. on another thread someone fixed it.. but hasnt logged in yet i guess to share the program he used.

3. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member

4. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member

The program is in the market: jscreenfix

5. Xtgirl

I tried the program...it didn't work. I guess I'll call them tomorrow. I don't mind waiting if they let me keep a phone till they can ship one. Hopefully, they'll exchange it. Mine looks like a small black line..it's visible on any white or light background. :(

I'm having trouble with my wifi connecting when I turn it on..don't know if that's normal or not...

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Keep us posted.

I know it might be silly to complain about a single dead pixel, but I'm a long time Samsung customer and have been spoiled with their policy (they've exchanged any an all monitors that have one more dead pixels without an issue).

7. Xtgirl

I'm now starting to think it's a tiny tiny hair under the glass...it's curved. Still going to call tomorrow and see what they say.

8. r3dlined

r3dlined Well-Known Member

Well I called Verizon about a dead (stuck) pixel that is green. I have tried all the fixes and it has been there about a week. They were going to send me a new one, but scared the hell out of me when he said they MIGHT charge me full price out of the blue if they find any reason is physical. There is no physical damage to the phone, but I don't trust this one bit.

I am going to take it to the store today and have them look at it. Has anyone done this and been turned away with a "you should be able to just deal with it since you cant really see it that often"?