What would you do in my situation?

Last Updated:

1. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an almost perfect Droid. By this, I mean I have had basically no problems up to this point with it. Its my second Droid (got my first one replaced one week after my Droid) and its been running with me from basically launch date.

Now, my headphone jack has been getting extremely loose. I use my Droid for music, and this is becoming a problem. When I walk with my Droid in my pocket, I frequently hear static and sometimes the music stops playing. I can move my headphone jack around a little bit.

Now I have heard the horror stories about the refurbished Droids. I don't really know what to do. I'm afraid I might chuck my phone on the floor one day in rage...

Also the Verizon store near my house basically flat out refuses to replace phones because they are completely incompetent fools who refuse to see anything wrong with phones. My first Droid was showing blatant proximity sensor problems in front of their faces and they said it was normal (Yeah its so normal to pull out my battery after every call). I don't want to have to deal with them again...

Advertisement
  2. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

the audio jack is a problem on a lot of phones, i got a bluetooth stereo headset

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Precisely what I did. My jack is fine but I got tired of the wires. I bought a refurbished Motorokr S9HD bluetooth stereo headset and it just flat out rocks. I can get 6-7 hours of continuous use on a 2 hour charge, and they even work outdoors most of the time.

Check eBay and get a great deal on the refurb, then spend $12 on a SquareTrade 2-year warranty. I doubt you'll regret it.

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Call it in then.

Or get a BT A2DP headset as suggested above.

5. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

I have a Motorola s705 Bluetooth dongle that I can hook headphones to and it works great. I would like to get the Bluetooth headphones though. Very rarely do I use the supplied jack on the phone