72 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Keep it!

101 vote(s)
    58.4%

Last Updated:

1. TylerM

TylerM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the opportunity to trade my Incredible for a Droid X. My father is going up for a re-up on his plan and will probably be getting the Droid X and said he would trade.

I guess this is a fun hypothetical question for you all. If you had the opportunity to exchange your Incredible for a Droid X, no questions asked, would you do it? If not, why?

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Trade due to better call quality, build quality, bluetooth voice dialing, and most important for me the larger screen.

3. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

I love how people are already saying how much better built and sounding the X is, despite NOBODY holding it or using it yet. The X has more physical buttons that can fail, we don't know that it has a better radio... ug.. whats the point.

Anyway, no, i wouldn't change, especially with the Incredible OTA update coming soon.

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

If its anything like the original Droid, it will have better build quality. The original Droid is a tank. Can't really say that about this phone.

5. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Can't vote yet. Haven't held and used the Droid X.

6. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

The original droid is a large brick sized phone. Not impressive anymore. Droid X, Incredible, etc .... Skinny phones large screens. Plenty of math to do there on why the screens are weak sauce.

7. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

If I had that same chance, I would take the Droid X no questions asked. I love my Incredible but sometimes wish it had a bigger screen. And a metal back! I am really kind of put off by the creaking in the battery cover of my Inc where it seems to give a bit even without a lot of pressure. Nothing a nice case won't fix, but then again I really dislike cases. So yeah, I would take it but it really is all personal preference. It isn't exactly like going from an Eris to an Incredible.

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm actually debating similar but I xan actually come ahead almost an extra $200 by switching. I decided I don't want a phone change hassel until I actually try out the motox. Well see

9. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

This.

My incredible has no issues.

10. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

11. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member

I'd have to hold one as well. I did play with an EVO today after the local SPRINT store mysteriously "found" one that a waiting list customer "refused" when they thought I was going to switch service to them. I would of in a minute if they had better data service here but unfortunately, it is pretty weak where I live. Not even 3G around my house. The EVO was a real sic handset though. It fit my hand well and have to say, it wasn't too big at all. I have pretty small hands to. I will probably get my Dinc around the time the X hits the stores. I will check it out but I am sure I will stay with the Dinc. I really like the size of it. I carry my phone in my shirt pocket. I carried an iPhone in an Otterbox and it was quite a bit bulky.

12. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

I really like the sound of this Samsung Fascinate :0, its camera app is nearly the same as My old omnia, but its run Android 2.1 and will get froyo too...

But i do love my Dinc too, so will have to see about what its like when its released :)

Maybe I'll get both

13. Issemann

Issemann Member

Has this been confirmed?

14. kristanc

kristanc Well-Known Member

I'd have to play with one too, but I would probably get it just because I'm a new phone whore.

My hubby has a Dinc on order and I'm trying to convince him to cancel it and get an X so he can give it to me and he can have my Dinc. He's not buying it. Apparently it's not fair for me to get 3 new phones in one year!! ☺

15. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I guess by now everyone knows that I was able to return my inc after 59 days for a refund minus the restocking fee. I had some call quality issues and was looking for a bigger screen that the X seemed to present. I'm back to winmo. Heaven help me! I'm also back to phone shopping. Do I get the X? Do I wait for the Fascinate? Do I wait for the vzw 4g phone? For the iPhone? (I kid I kid. Relax!)

16. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Droid X is just too big for my liking with not much more of a jump features wise to justify trading.

17. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I choose... Droid Incredible. :D

18. acousticgtarist

acousticgtarist Well-Known Member

I voted for the switch to the X, only considering screen size..HOWEVER, I'd have to play with the demo to know for sure. I really hope people don't think the X will be the cellular savior, having no bugs, etc...I know the INC has its share of flaws, but what cell doesn't? Just a matter of what your willing to deal with. The X will have it's issues, guaranteed.

19. zombii matt

zombii matt Well-Known Member

i would switch in a heartbeat!

20. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

I would not change due to the simple fact that the x is made by moto. I have wasted my money on their crap twice and regretted it both times. That, and I think the x is one of the fugliest phones I have ever had the displeasure of looking at.

My next phone will definitely be lte.

21. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I regretted giving my money to HTC for bad call quality and a blown speaker. Hopefully, my fugliest phone will do better. :) Can't wait!

22. RiChDAiLLesT1

RiChDAiLLesT1 Active Member

For the most part i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna stick with my DInc. I for one love the Sense UI, Motorola's UI looks like crap. HTC's Sense clearly marks the winner for me, nicer widgets and animated look. DroidX seems kinda boring. All i remember is that the moto UI allows you to resize your favorite contacts and widgets...big whoop. lol any way thats my 2 cents. Also love the fact that the DInc is so pocketable.

23. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member

Im in the same exact situation as you pretty sweet problem huh? anyways I think im going with the x took me a loooong time to decide tho they are VERY close as far as one better and worse at different points.

24. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Active Member

how'd you get them to late you trade it?

25. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Fortunately for me, I have neither issue. Good luck with your x, were I in your situation I would wait for the fascinate though.