• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you do? Please I really need help.

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
First let me say, I'm sorry but I just can't make up my mind on what to do. Please give me your opinion on what you would do in my shoes.
I have the Moto Droid. I love the phone but I'm having problems with it. People are complaining that there is such a shrill whistle like sound that they can't even talk to me. I don't hear it at all. I just did a exchange through my warranty but now people are complaining this new Droid is doing the same thing. I can't pinpoint why it is doing it as it is in my house but I'm not near any appliance and they aren't even on not even the tv when this happens so I think it is the phone. But what are the odds of two doing the same thing??!!
Then I was using the Droid as my mp3 player but hated that every time a reminder, email, text and of course phone calls come through it interrupts the song. Of course I want phone calls but wish I could shut off the others while listening to mp3's.
So I didn't like the Ipod Touch or Zune so I got an Archos 5 32GB with Android on it. Love the device but it has froze up on me a few times. Also it is about $450 with dock and 3 yr warranty. Works great as an mp3 player but expensive and being 5 inches not real pocketable.
So I think what about returning the Archos 5 (I only have like 3 more days to return it) and get the Droid X nice size screen but still pocketable and I can get it for $199. But then we go back to the interruptions while listening to mp3's and it is hard to use as gps and a mp3 player at the same time.
So I know don't always like to answer questions like this but I really need help deciding. I don't want to miss out on the Droid X if that is my best option nor do I want a $450 Archos that I might not use that often because isn't not really pocketable.
Please tell me what your opinion is. Do I keep the Archos 5 and my Droid? Do I return the Archos 5 and move to the Droid X? Or even move to the Droid X and look for another mp3 player?
Thanks,
Nancy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones