1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

What Would you Like to See in the Note 3?General

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Saw that, but like I said, nothing suggests they will be making a device like the mock video they did that had devices that were convertible from smaller phone screen to tablet size.

Advertisement
  2. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Spen work on the outside buttons
    drexappeal likes this.
  3. drexappeal

This HAS to happen for sure. Very good point. This is one of the hardest things I've had to adjust with going back and forth between my Note 2 and Note 8. When I use my Note 8 for an extended period of time, I find myself trying to use the S-pen on the capacitive buttons on the Note 2 and my first thought is, "oh no, I have to get my phone fixed"...LOL.
  4. johnnieeve

johnnieeve Member

mini HDMI.
  5. drexappeal

6. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

oh I would love to see freaking Verizon sell a 64GB Galaxy Note 3!!!!!!!!
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Hope to see an I-R Blaster on this.
    If so, I'll more than likely sell/trade-in the ONE to BEST BUY & pick this up.

I like the ONE, but,an RMA w/HTC for BLUETOOTH/call quality issues isn't playing out to my satisfaction. My last hope is a warranty claim w/BB for a new handset. If that doesn't resolve my BT/call quality issues, getting the NOTE 3 (w/I-R Blaster) is a no-brainer/foregone conclusion.
  8. drexappeal

Didn't realize you were having issues with the One! I would be surprised if they didn't add one considering the note 8 has one and the s4
  9. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Not to get too far off-topic, but, yes, B/T-Call quality issues on the T-Mobile HTC One since day one. Benchtesting of my phone shows no defect. Real world use proves otherwise.
    So, basically, if they (HTC) don't pony up a replacement, I'll warranty if out w/BEST BUY.

HTC ONE http://androidforums.com/htc-one/717141-call-quality-concerns.html#post5797021

Perhaps I'll get lucky again w/BB:
    No HTC ONE's (T-Mobile) in stock & they'll offer a "RAPID EXCHANGE" for a phone of equal value (GN3). That's how I got my SGS3 when I warrantied out my PHOTON, w/$0 out-of-pocket.
  10. drexappeal

KOLIO likes this.
  11. drexappeal

Hmmm...
    Does this patent hint at Galaxy Note III’s design? | SamMobile

Some of the comments at the bottom of the article have people suggesting that maybe they're creating an "active" version of the Note 3? I would not mind that, but I'd bet it would be a carrier exclusive.

As for the actual Note 3 design, even if it followed the same lines, that actually does look quite nice and thin.

Great, I wasn't really anxious about the 9/4 event, but now I kinda am!
    rawhide85 and KOLIO like this.
  12. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I'm cool with that, the phone fits perfectly in my big hands. I just want an HD screen, equal to pr better battery life than the Note 2, a better processor, and all of the S4 features.

Some great new S-pen features and a better camera would be icing on the cake, but Samsung will have to royally screw up for me not to get this phone.
  13. Momochu

Momochu Member

For me, I'd just like to see some of the stuff from the s4. Like all playing the same song together, the sound on photos etc. I'm pretty easy to please ^_^;
  14. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

15. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

I personally have never had any issues with battery on my Note 2. I can usually go a whole day without having to charge. I did purchase an extra battery off of ebay when I bought my phone and carry it around with me incase the phone dies and I can just switch out the dead battery for the charged one, but I've only had to do this once in several months.

A really cool feature for the note 3 could be a flexible screen. I also don't find the need to use my s pen often and a few more apps that allow the use of the pen would be nice.
  16. john248

john248 Well-Known Member

less touchwhiz.
  17. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

4k video recording rumoured to be included.....for anyone with deep enough pockets for a 4k tv! Article on CNET
  18. drexappeal

I had mentioned earlier that, until Samsung releases a flexible screen phone/tablet like the one they had in their mock video, anything added to what the Note 2 already brought to the table, would just be a bonus, for me. That said, I was thinking about the things that would really make me strongly consider getting the Note 3 and added another to my original list:

1) Minimum 32gb internal storage w/ microSD slot
    2) Same overall physical form factor (or smaller)
    3) Wireless Charging, out of the box (added this)

The only real element that I was missing on the Note 2 (and hoping would be offered) is a 32 or 64gb version. The fact that the 32 and 64 were limited to Korea and certain European countries was a real disappointment for me. I wasn't that disappointed in there being no wireless charging, out of the box, since I could technically get it working with modification, but I'd much rather have that functionality without having to tinker with the physical aspects/elements of the phone.

I've said many times that the Note 2 was the biggest I could go. There are even times that part of me wishes the overall size were a little smaller. But if I could finally have a phone that would have enough storage for all my needs, that would be ideal. I'd still prefer to get a 64gb version w/ the microSD slot, but I'd settle for the 32, if that's all they offered in the US. I've already determined that 16gb is definitely not enough for my needs on internal storage space.
  19. drexappeal

20. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Well-Known Member

For the me the Galaxy Note 2 was the first real Android phone after trying all the flagships multiple times over the last 3yrs to really keep my attention.

In the end though...

1 - Screen sucked outside as usual with AMOLED displays, The S4 was better than the S3 and G2 but i returned it for the same reasons pretty much. Hopefully the Note 3 has an upgarded AMOLED display thats brighter.

2. The camera..it needs to be as good or better than the S4, if any worse I won't be able to deal with it. The S4 is good in daylight, but not good in low light. An upgraded camera would be very nice.

Thats about it, the S-Pen is one of the main reasons for wanting it. It comes in very handy for wiring diagrams and such :)
  21. drexappeal

What smartphone cameras actually have good low light pictures? I'm curious, just for my own knowledge. Most of the smartphones I've had don't take great low light pictures. The only one that I've heard rave reviews about is the Nokia 900 (and the newer one) Windows Phone. Other than that, the HTC One was mentioned to have "good" low light pictures, but nothing spectacular.
  22. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Well-Known Member

Yes i know this, I meant to say a comparison to the HTC/Iphone 5 and a few Nokia phones. The GS4's camera is concluded to be the worst in low lighting situations by far in most reviews i have seen. If the put the same camera in the N3 I most likely wouldn't get it for that reason.
  23. drexappeal

Like I said, I am curious because I've never experienced any smartphone cameras having good low light pics, so I'd genuinely like to know. And I've never used the HTC one or Nokia, nor have I looked at any pics taken from them, in low light.