What you (WISH) 4.2 would have brought.....General

1. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

What is 4.2 missing that you would have liked in a new piece of software? I'll start.

- Allow infinite scroll of home screens

-Add or Delete home screens. Who needs 5? 3 is enough for me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

You could just get a launcher, they would allow all of this ;)
  3. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

World Peace

4. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

just give me 4.1.2 back.
  5. steveu694

I run a launcher on my s3. I refuse to run one on pure android.
  6. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Any reason why? It would satisfy your requests lol
  7. Maturola

Maturola Well-Known Member

OTG support without rooting.
  8. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Odd, to each his own. I like ssLauncher soooooo much better than stock. No grid, place items anywhere; change font of any icon, folder or page; change size of any icon or text; change transitions; different wallpaper on each screen; different themes in portrait and landscape (ie different icons/apps)... to name a few reasons. Not rooted.

I think my Nexus is still "pure".

9. tweak4

tweak4 Well-Known Member

Shared Media!

With the multiple users update, it looks like each user is completely and totally sandboxed from the other users. Reasonable in theory, but in practice it wasn't 5 minutes before I found myself wishing there was a single repository I could use for music, pictures and movies that would be accessible from all user accounts. Keep giving each user their own space, but also introduce an "all users" area where you can dump media files that everyone can reach.
  10. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

So say I have 4 gbs of music, I have to put the same 4gbs of music on the other user if the want it? What a complete waste of space and an idiotic idea
  11. carracerz14

It has always had otg support without rooting...
  12. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Multi window multitasking would have been sweet just like the Note 2.
  13. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

How about things I wish it didn't do?

I can't believe I now have to worry about where I start to pulldown the notifications since there are two separate panels and the quick link to settings has moved over to the 2nd pulldown.

Why do so many user interface designers like the Chinese puzzle box model? NO! You can't put that there! Someone might find it!

On the good side, it installed OTA for me - I had to manually install 4.1.2.

Now I'm off to get rooted again...
  14. steveu694

Haha to me, left is notifications. And right is settings. That's not hard to remember. I don't mind this feature one bit.
  15. Claghorn

And speaking of Chinese puzzle boxes. The "developer options" is now hidden by default in settings. You have to goto the "about" screen and tap the build number 7 times to turn on the developer options menu item (no, this is not an article from The Onion, it is actually the way it works).
  16. carracerz14

They do that for a good reason. Every day users don't need the dev options and may change stuff that doesn't need to be changed
  17. Claghorn

Users may try to put it in a toaster as well, are they going to start making them 3 inches thick so they won't fit in a standard toaster slot?
  18. Claghorn

I noticed another thing this morning: It seems to do a lot more random changing of the screen brightness than before. I have it sitting in a fixed location in a room with a fixed light level while I'm reading an ebook and taking my morning walk on the treadmill, and the screen brightness keeps going up and down all the time. It didn't fiddle with this nearly as often on 4.1.2.
  19. vespa5

vespa5 Active Member

Miracast would've been nice. OTG output (not just input) would be nice (without having to root your device).
  20. Maturola

Maturola Well-Known Member

My Apologies, I figure most people knew what i ment, I guess i was wrong.

To be more specific, read and write funtionalitly to externally mounted storage units using the OTG USB port.
  21. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

I bought another n7 (32gb) and upgraded it to 4.1.2. Yes it was an upgrade from 4.2 to 4.1.2.

Rootbrain